Thais Report First Person-to-Person Case of Lethal Avian Flu

Current events, politics, and more.
Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Thais Report First Person-to-Person Case of Lethal Avian Flu

Post by Iconoclast » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:52 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/28/inter ... ssuserland
"We are concerned, however, because the occurrence of such a cluster could also indicate the beginning of more widespread transmission, a so-called sustained transmission of an influenza virus in humans which could lead to the global spread of this virus,' said Dr. Klaus Stöhr, the coordinator of the W.H.O.'s global influenza program.
This is great news. We can only hope that it does spread; the masses need a good culling, if you know what I mean.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 am

http://www.newstarget.com/002316.html
The World Health Organization is to be applauded for its efforts to try to ramp up product of vaccines to protect people from the coming flu pandemic. Despite their best intentions, however, the world isn't ready for such a viral outbreak. Should such an epidemic actually occur soon, millions of people will likely be killed while waiting for vaccines. There simply isn't enough flu vaccine production to go around.[Iconoclast's edit: 8)]

Smart consumers will turn to immune boosting strategies that rely on boosting their flu immunity rather than vaccinations. A tremendous number of anti-viral vitamins, minerals, Amazon herbs, Chinese herbs, and nutritional supplements are available right now to boost immune system function and fight off viral infections (including the H5N1 strain). As far as vitamins and minerals go, the two best defenders against viral infections are vitamin C and zinc. In the world of herbs, echinacea and astragalus have earned a strong reputation as virus fighters. A wide assortment of foods also help boost immune system function: foods like garlic, ginger and onions.

In fact, surviving the next pandemic need not depend on vaccines at all. Healthy individuals can survive the pendemic merely by dramatically boosting immune system function and supplementing with anti-viral herbs as well as powerful antioxidants (see related ebook on antioxidants) like astaxanthin.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:56 am

And if you're in a city, a nice big GET THE FUCK OUT is in order when it hits. There is no reason to stick around and get sick yourself; let the rabble get sick instead.

Baroness
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Baroness » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:15 pm

well, at least we've got some population control starting up.

hate edge
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by hate edge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 am

Baroness wrote:well, at least we've got some population control starting up.
Yes. Eugenics wouldn't even be necessary had we less fear of death and allowed the occasional epidemic to sweep through populations and encourage natural selection. Instead we vaccinate all because of some Christian mandate to preserve all life, forgetting that by giving an unnatural advantage to our own species, we ovverrun the earth.
Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring my my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear! O Clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!