87%
no
13%

Total votes: 31

that_girl_cindy
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by that_girl_cindy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:52 pm

I have a question for the person above me, do you believe that it is an illness and an aberration, or do you know?
If you say that you know, how did you find this out?
Peace, Love, Unity, Respect.

Dilapidated Nation
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by Dilapidated Nation » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Iconoclast wrote:No; homosexuality is an illness and aberration, and making it 'legal' idenifies homosexuality as being equal to heterosexual unions.
May I attack your sexual proclivity now?
"XBOX is pretty cool tho..."

Fat Pat
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Fat Pat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:05 am

Iconoclast wrote:
Fat Pat wrote:I disagree. How is it an illness and an aberration if it's seen through out nature over and over again?
Most animals who engage in homosexual behavior themselves rarely engage SOLELY in homosexuality. The only animal I can think of that does so is penguins (besides humans).
Mkay.. sooo.. how is it still not natural? You then would be fine with gay marriage as long as the person was Bi-sexual? Because just being gay's not cool with you as it doesn't reflect nature except in penguines? And if it occurs in nature AT ALL, isn't it then natural and not so much a disease? Plus, why should gay people have to suffer 2nd class citizenship even if they are "diseased" as you say? We allow people who have AIDS or alcoholism or common colds to get married, don't we? When you make brash, extreme one-liners you have to expect some of us to be left scratching our heads going "huh?".
Render unto Cesar that which he has rendered unto you - hardship, imprisonment, torture, and eventual death. Fuck Cesar. Let him be hanged.

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:08 am

Dilapidated Nation wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:No; homosexuality is an illness and aberration, and making it 'legal' idenifies homosexuality as being equal to heterosexual unions.
May I attack your sexual proclivity now?
LOL, the standard reply of someone who can only think like an automaton.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:40 am

Mkay.. sooo.. how is it still not natural?
I never said it wasn't unnatural. It deviates from the normal cycle with harmful consequences for the individual, as it cannot pass it's genetic material. Good for society with overpopulation, and I have no ills toward them, but by no means is a disorder a means to celebrate.
You then would be fine with gay marriage as long as the person was Bi-sexual?
No. The majority of bisexuals are in it because it has become a fad. are sex-obsessed perverts, or have other psychological problems that are readily visible. Out of my experiences, at the very least, that has been so. Just go look at the constituency of bisexuals....fifteen year old girls wearing black lipstick and eye shadow with scars running down their arms.
Because just being gay's not cool with you as it doesn't reflect nature except in penguines?And if it occurs in nature AT ALL, isn't it then natural and not so much a disease?
My point was that homosexuality in animals is very rarely actual homosexuality. We really can't judge what a dog is doing when it humps another of the same gender, but more than likely the dog would also make sweet lovin' to the opposite gender, as well as someone's foot.

The standards also differ. My dachsund humps my cat (it also humps various other things), but quite obviously a man humping a cat is quite different. Though homosexuality and bestality are rarely linked, sexual aberrations in animals and humans are vastly different when comparing and contrasting.
Plus, why should gay people have to suffer 2nd class citizenship even if they are "diseased" as you say?
They're not getting second class citizenship; they merely have an abnormality and pretending it is alright is not going to address the problem. I don't care what they do in their own houses as long as they're not spreading weird diseases or engaging in a bug party, but "marriage" should be reserved for the reproducers. In marriage I am mostly concerned about the health of the offspring, not a moralistic imaginery concept of binding two humans in which homosexuals don't even need.

Its like pretending paraplegic individuals get second class citizenship because they can't enter races.
We allow people who have AIDS or alcoholism or common colds to get married, don't we?
AIDS is quite different from the other two; I would rather most HIV+ individuals be sterilized as to not spread the disease, and perhaps shoot the scummy promiscous type that has it. Certainly HIV+ should never marry for the good of us all, and our children.

The very marriage of people with alcoholism is fine as alcoholism does not interfere with reproduction. Same with the cold.
When you make brash, extreme one-liners you have to expect some of us to be left scratching our heads going "huh?".
Okay.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 am

that_girl_cindy wrote:I have a question for the person above me, do you believe that it is an illness and an aberration, or do you know?
If you say that you know, how did you find this out?
One problem is grouping all homosexuals together. Some are actual homosexuals, some are sex-crazed perverts, and some are in it for a fad. As that is, some of it may be based in psychology, other physiology. The "real" homosexuals are probably have it based in physiology, while the perverts a potential mixture of both, and the faddies (faggies lol) in psychology.

The latter groups are obviously inflicted with psychological problems, but the first group still contains one problem: no ability to reproduce. I explained more about it in my above post, but the psychological groups are the truly dysfunctional.

that_girl_cindy
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by that_girl_cindy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:57 am

Iconoclast wrote:
You then would be fine with gay marriage as long as the person was Bi-sexual?
No. The majority of bisexuals are in it because it has become a fad. are sex-obsessed perverts, or have other psychological problems that are readily visible. Out of my experiences, at the very least, that has been so. Just go look at the constituency of bisexuals....fifteen year old girls wearing black lipstick and eye shadow with scars running down their arms.
I know there are people out there who do it for attention from either gender, and people who do it because they just want sex. I know they are out there and won't deny their existance. But for those who don't follow this trend, which is actually a vast majority, that was a rather harsh judgement in which they should not be lumped with. I know a lot of bisexual girls who are 14, 15, 16, and upwards, and absolutely none of them wear black lipstick/eyeshadow, and do not have scars running down, or in some cases across, their arms. I just think that's kind of ignorant and stereotypical of people, not only you. Just pointing it out.

I don't know who you've met, but there are a lot more bisexual people who are truely bisexual, not fad-bi.

that_girl_cindy
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by that_girl_cindy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:21 am

How is it a disorder? An 'abnormality'?
Because we cannot pro-create?

Most of my aunts and uncles have not had children. And there are infertile men and women all over the world, including America. Does that mean they shouldn't be married anymore? Of course not. There is still love between them. And with millions of children in foster homes, why do we have to pro-create, when we could adopt? I highly doubt the survival of the human race is in jeopardy. Six billion strong and growing everyday. I would understand your point better if more than two thirds of the world died *not a threat*. And it's not like because people of the same sex marry, no people of different sex are going to get married and have children anymore.
I was taught, like most children, that getting married meant you were happy and loved the person. But why does the line have to be drawn at homosexuality? Why is it so bad for two people of the same sex who love eachother to express their aformentioned love in the form of marriage? I am homosexual. How do I not need to get married?

Homosexuals are not the only ones who spread sexually transmitted infections.

And you still haven't answered my question. Do you believe, or do you know? And if you know, how?

Left of Larry
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Left of Larry » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:33 am

Have you ever heard of that little constitutional principal we have here in the states called "Pursuit of happiness" FORE EVERYONE WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION!!!!! For one to make judgements on whether homosexuality is right or wrong or an abberation or even an illness is very very very, arrogant and undemocratic my friend. First of all, who are you to say?

Last I recall, it wasn't long ago that whites and blacks could not marry each other in this country, men were allowed to "rape" their wives, women were not allowed to vote, slavery was legal and perfectly accepted etc..etc... but we are getting beyond that, legalizing homosexual marriage is just another step to a more free and stable democratic society. People who are adamantly opposed to homosexual marriage are very homophobic, which (and I'm not trying to insinuate anything here so don't take it personal) may very well be repressed homosexuals themselves and cannot come to terms with it.

In a free democracy, all people must be treated equally, unless those people are harming others. But 2 consenting adults that fall in love with each other must, in a free society, be given the same rights as anyone else. To not do that, is merely bigoted and not cumulative of a free society. To make laws based on biblical principals is not tantamount to a free society and starts to lead to a sort of nationalism that we've seen in Italy and germany. Again, in those kind of states, Jews were looked as an abberation from nature..think about it..see any similarities in the way we treat gays today?

On another note, diseases are not only spread by homosexuals but also by heterosexuals as well. We live in a society where masculinity is very much praised and the more women men have, the more macho they are considered, where as with women it is the complete opposite. The more men women have, the more slutty they are considered. Now think about all these studly men goign around spreading their diseases...we do not look at society that way however, we just like to blame the gays or even slutty women. We turn away from sexual education, and we leave our society ignorant. Look at africa, I tell you it ain't the gays out there spreading Aids (which in certain parts it's what, 80% of the population HIV positive?) It's called education. That is what we have to put our resources in, education, not bigotry and hatred. We need compassion, and understanding. So to argue against homosexual marriage, you might as well throw our constitution down the toilet and replace it with biblical passages, which is what some people in this country actually want.
REP THE STUTTER STEP THEN BOMB A LEFT UPON THE FASCISTS!! (ratm)

Like a Hawk...I am watching you, Mr. President.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:29 pm

I don't think homosexuality is an illness. I don't think of it as black and white.

I think there are Biological gays and Psychological gays. However I don't care if someone is gay. I mean why care?

I'm OK with Gay marriages because it would piss off the religious right and it is currently dividing their churches. Any division of power is cool with me.
Last I recall, it wasn't long ago that whites and blacks could not marry each other in this country, men were allowed to "rape" their wives, women were not allowed to vote, slavery was legal and perfectly accepted etc..etc... but we are getting beyond that, legalizing homosexual marriage is just another step to a more free and stable democratic society.
-well said. American Indians were not allowed to be citizen until 1923.

Marriage is a funny institution anyway. If your in love then just live together, the title would be meaningless some might say. But like it or not their are privilages from the government and banks that cater to married people and not couples. So either change those laws or allow gay marriages.

I mean I could claim that being fat is a illness, and people could point out that being fat is natural. I could say then it is a natural illness. I could point out all the health problems known to be tied to being fat. It doesn't mean fat people should have seperate laws.
The latter groups are obviously inflicted with psychological problems, but the first group still contains one problem: no ability to reproduce
there are heterosexual couples that can not reperduce or who can no longer reporduce, I don't think marriage has to hang on making children.