How the food industry profits off horrible American health

Current events, politics, and more.
sangre_de_soldado
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

How the food industry profits off horrible American health

Post by sangre_de_soldado » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISONN1LHj7g

People don't fall into this category of Americans. I eat very little junk food I have started to dislike the taste of all of them entirely. I don't trust the grocery stores anymore I started to grow my own vegetables in my backyard it's not hard and it's waaaayyy better in taste and health.

Man it's no wonder average American lifespan is getting shorter and shorter...

Omega Pi
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Omega Pi » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:21 pm

This report reminds me of this clip:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Niy3Wn_4MaU :lol: (some cartoon on adult swim)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Niy3Wn_4MaU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Niy3Wn_4MaU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:17 pm

All people have to do to not be over weight is not eat shitty food and do real excersize not "walking" and riding a bike.

Lift weights play sports. Cardiovascular activity burns fat and lifting wiehgts makes your stronger and that raises your metabolism.

I eat junk food all the time and I probably drink soda everyday. People just sit and watch TV too much and eat too much and it is typical to blame it on the food industry rather than taking some personal responsibility. I eat a hight meat cheese and potatoes diet.

And I am not fat.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

sangre_de_soldado
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by sangre_de_soldado » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:42 pm

Ry wrote:All people have to do to not be over weight is not eat shitty food and do real excersize not "walking" and riding a bike.

Lift weights play sports. Cardiovascular activity burns fat and lifting wiehgts makes your stronger and that raises your metabolism.

I eat junk food all the time and I probably drink soda everyday. People just sit and watch TV too much and eat too much and it is typical to blame it on the food industry rather than taking some personal responsibility. I eat a hight meat cheese and potatoes diet.

And I am not fat.
I agree that most people don't take personal responsibility but at the same time keep in mind everyone's body is different. When I lift weights I gains muscle like nothing but for other people I know it takes a little longer. There is also the matter of metabolism for when you want to lose weight. I eat junk food a well but not nearly as much as others around me and I have a healthy body cause of the gym and running.

Zulfiqar
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Zulfiqar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:50 am

All i eat is water.
IrrigatedPancake wrote:Uhoh, nobody tell the terrorists where to find the building where we store the economy.

NOTALOWBROW
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by NOTALOWBROW » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:00 am

Zulfiqar wrote:All i eat is water.
I'm a breatharian :lol:

(This is long - I needed to rant :-))

I never eat prepared foods because I actually like to cook from scratch - so I don't get the hydrogenated oils, msg and high fructose corn syrup that's in all the fake food being sold to us as edible. It's the quality of our food that counts. A home cooked meal of meat and potatoes is healthier than prepared vegan frozen dinners ANYDAY. Real butter is healthier than hydrogenated palm oil margarine. Too much soy makes boys grow man titties!

People are fat because they eat crap disguised as food and then sit around on their asses looking at a computer screen or the TV all day. Walking is enough to keep healthy but it has to be brisk walking at least an hour a day for the long haul. We humans evolved to walk miles and miles a day and when we DO our bodies love it. Same goes with the bike, unless you add dirt and mountains then that'll kick your ass into great shape. Riding the bike to the corner store for a six-pack doesn't count, but every little bit adds up.

Mostly Americans are obese because they are eating shit food products with flavoring added. It's DISGUSTING what people eat and I am not talking about meat. I'm a vegan but I know vegans who eat prepared vegan fast food and have big ol' fat bellies. The fake meats are DISGUSTING. That is NOT food.

I love good food and I love cooking; from gourmet and ethnic - to the Southern cookin' my mom taught me. I love good wine and brews, and all the other pleasures and joys of living a good life. People eat without even tasting their food - they just shove it in their mouths habitually while watching TV or reading or grunting and chattering like monkeys, unconsciously without any mindfulness at all. Parents aren't even teaching their children table manners anymore. And then they wonder why their little 5 year old weighs over a hundred pounds. Food has become just another addiction - something to bury the sadness and boredom from our modern empty culture in - and then swallow it (yuck toxic yuck)

The sodas are going to catch up with you Ry. You'll start getting "stocky" at 35 and then by 45 have a belly hanging over your pants if you keep that up, even with exercise. Your youth will only hold out for so long. But men don't seem to mind having a belly when they get older. Look at all the fat actors strutting around on the LA beaches. Women still dig them so what do they care :D

Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Post by Bender » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:00 am

Ry wrote:All people have to do to not be over weight is not eat shitty food and do real excersize not "walking" and riding a bike.

And I am not fat.
How about mosburger? I thought they were pretty healthy...(I hope so!)

Int'l man of mystery
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Int'l man of mystery » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:32 pm

And I am not fat.
Cardiovascular activity is necessary, but I'm not sure if lifting weights is, as I've heard that you can get the same benefit by mastering your own body weight, with combat conditioning. Further, the important thing isn't that you simply engage in these activities, but how frequently you engage in them.

I agree that personal responsibility is important, but the food industry also has some responsibility, as unless you are willing to grow your own food, you have to buy food from them one way or the other, and what they put into their foods (ex: growth hormones), isn't exactly health-friendly.