Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by DetainThis » Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm

bumpity

MAGNES
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by MAGNES » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 pm

I would like to refer everyone to my previous posts.
Regarding the Philistines. The Philistines left and the name
was forever named after them.
http://www.ancreport.com/forum/v ... 3259#53259
http://www.ancreport.com/forum/v ... 3670#53670
from twisted http://www.ancreport.com/forum/v ... 3300#53300

Palestine is named after the Philistines, a Greek Dorian Tribe,
they were the original builders of cities in the area, building a
few great cities as all Greeks built.

If you want to know just how great the bullshitter Jews and
Zionists are it is important to know who the Philistines were,
then you would know and understand the bullshitters even
better, and it would fit well with what you already posted.
Write a book, all propaganda, etc, the Old Testament,
the Jews that wrote it, they actually tell you they "coveted"
their wealth and cities, they openly talk about being jealous,
plotting to kill and steal, and so on.
Last edited by MAGNES on Tue May 20, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Tue May 20, 2008 11:43 pm

The problem with ancient ancient history is you can't separate it from religion. Religion is bullshit no matter how you shake it but the monotheistic faith tried to historize their religions as if all the myths and heros were real people and events.

Philistines were there in 333 when Macedonian Alexander the Great and some of his Greek Soldiers invaded and sacked Tyr after 3 months. The land bridge to Tyr's former island is still there from Alexander. The Philistines were there before under the Babylonian empire as well. They had their own language religions etc.

Back in the day people did not have a religion they had religions. There was no uniformity yet. Because there was no writing and even when there was less than 2% of people could read. So many poly theists were just a way of incorporating all the different gods.

Anyway Magnus you might want to write something up in the hidden history section. If you don't feel like it ill do it.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

MAGNES
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by MAGNES » Wed May 21, 2008 1:03 am

There is no doubt that people lived there before the Hebrews arrived.
But it was sparsely populated. And people always lived there.

What I wrote about the Philistines, that was 1200BC.

And what I wrote shows how bogus arguments are that,
"Palestinians do not exist."

I have some friends on that site I linked, they are more knowledgeable
on the Hebrews, most converted apparently, they are the
Palestinians. Modern Jews, 90% of them on the planet
are Khazars, Askenazi, and have no claim on Palestine or Israel of
the Old Testament. It is not their history. Even Haaretz had some interesting articles challenging much of the dogma's they believe, like
"no exodus" not from Egypt and not out of Palestine in 70AD.
I will see if I can dig them up. Masada is total fiction too.

And Ry, on religion, the Greeks believed their religion and created.
Same with Christians. You think that all Western countries that were
built by Europeans were lucky, in my study I know it boils down to
one thing, BELIEFS. Positive things were created despite the excesses and crimes of "the church" and "leaders". Freedom did prevail and
people were free to think and create. Anyone that doubts this needs
to read up on some history from Greece to the Renaissance and
the development of Europe. I gave some key periods above.

I say we honor our forefathers, that is the very definition of the Greek word Patriotism and being the direct translation from Greek.

ushumgal
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by ushumgal » Wed May 21, 2008 2:02 am

Thanks for posting that illuminating article! Zionism - an ideology built on historical myth - can never survive a thorough dose of objective reality! The more people know, the better!

Just a couple historical notes, though...

Cyrus II did NOT free the Judeans (I prefer to say Judeans, the people of ancient Judah, because to call them Jews assumes a religious/cultural continuity to meodern Jews that I don't think really exists) from what is now Egypt. The Babylonians *did* briefly capture northern Egypt, but when Nebuchadnezzar II conquered Jerusalem (or rather, when, aftewards, the Judeans rebelled against him), he had them deported to Babylonia, in what is now central and southern Iraq. When Cyrus II came along some 60 years later, he released the Judeans and many other peoples who the Babylonians had deported. This was not out of any hatred of slavery - slavery was a fact of life in the ancient world - but rather shrewd politics. All those released people would be devoted subjects thereafter, and help prevent rebellions and stabilize the new Persian Empire he was building. Indeed, Cyrus is the only non-Jew spoken well of in the Bible. The Babylonian king that Cyrus defeated was Nabonidus, who did seem to have a particular affinity for the cult of the moon god Sin, which may well have offended Babylon, whose patron god was Marduk, head of the Babylonian pantheon, but the real reason the Babylians eventually gave in to Cyrus are not really known. It could well be that they saw they were beaten, and decided that they'd rather invite the victor in to their city rather than have their city sacked and burned all for the lost cause of supporting the defeated Nabonidus.

Anyway, some of the ancestors of the ancient Judeans (back before they became monotheistic, and in fact, were really just Caananites) most certainly did live as laborers in Egypt in the late Bronze Age. Egyptian records tell of their employment of people from the Levant for that purpose. But the whole release from captivity story was certainly intended to be an allegory, really about their captivity in Babylon and their eventual release, although, it should be noted, many Judeans elected to voluntarily stay in bustling, cosmopolitan Babylon rather than go back to back-woods Judah. We even have the archives of one of these Judean families (all nicely written in cuneiform on clay tablets, just like the Babylonians did). The start of the "Egyptian captivity" myth probably arose during the historical Babylonian captivity. The Judeans exiled in Babylon could not speak openly of their desire to be released, so they did so in allegory, in code, so to speak. Allegory is very common in the Bible, and ancient Near Eastern literature in general. Also, if you look at the Hebrew Bible, not the Christian one, you find that the Bible ends with precisely this - the Judeans being released from captivity in Babylon. This was the critical issue of the Bible (and this was around the time that much of the Bible was being written), and what it all leads up to. So the whole myth about Egypt was nothing more than setting up the grand finale, so to speak.

Also, in reference to Magnes comment above, the Levant was always heavily populated. Just go there and look at the horizon and you see tells everywhere - artificial hills made of the debris of layer after layer of habitation. After all, the first known city with a city wall was Jericho, which is also the very area that grains were first domesticated. Bronze Age Palestine was densely populated. Not as densely as, perhaps, southern Mesopotamia or the Nile valley, but it was hardly an empty wasteland. For the sake of argument, let's say the "Hebrews" arrived around 1200 BC (I think the Judeans were a natural development of the indigenous Canaanite population; after all, the Hebrew language is really just a dialect of Canaanite), they would have found a busting and highly urbanized land, with a number of major cities (including Jerusalem, which was founded by Canaanites), with their satellite towns and villages. In absolute terms, by modern standards, the population was probably rather low. But by ancient standards, it was quite populous, even if being something of a cultural backwater.

keep up the good work!!

earthakit2
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by earthakit2 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:34 pm

What's in a name?

You're obviously an Arab/Palestinian, so have a vested interest in presenting this argument. But who are you kidding? Do you think we're stupid and havent studied history?

It's true tHe name "Palestine" may be a derivative of the word "Philistine" - but those peoples are Ancient Peoples, and nobody, no historian or archeologist really knows their origin.

At any rate, this is taken from the Jewish Bible - which is only one text, which is biased, i.e. one sided, to reflect the Jewish view.

What is the real history?

Modern archeologists have searched for cities, ruins, names of characters from the Jewish texts, and haven't found nary a one. The kingdom of David - can't be found. The Jews claim they were slaves in Ancient Egypt - but modern archeologists have found NO evidence that the Ancient Egyptians had Hebrew slaves, etc.

And it goes like that in trying to find other evidence of the truth of ancient Jewish scriptures.

Anyway, you, Islams that HATE the JEws so much, yet, it's strange you have taken the Hebrew religious texts, lock stock and barrel.

What gives?

How the heck do you know, whether Ishmael - as stated by the Jews, was really the ancestors of the Arabs, anyway?

But let me go back to, "what's in a name."

JUst because that area of the world, was settled by Philistines, doesn't make you modern Paletinians, their descendants. In fact, you Arabs, may very well have CRUSHED the original Peoples, when the Arab Islamics invaded the Middle East. You, Arabs surged out of the Peninsula and took over.

And there is evidence, from other writings, that the Arabs, there and even - and esp. in Egypt are only a thin veneer OVER of the original Peoples. One ones who the outside world views as "Egyptians" are NOT descendants of the Ancient Egyptians, The ones in control are the invader Arabs, who in fact, call the "peasants" the true descendants of the Ancient PEoples, in contempt, Felahin."

And the religion of islam was imposed on them.

And so it goes, throughout the rest of the Middle East.

So, Palestianians, moan and whine about the abuse of the Israelis, but you are ARABS, Arabs who had done the same with other Peoples in that area - the Assyrians - in Syria( still there), the Lebanese, the Berbers in North Africa. And you're still doing it in Arab controlled territory. You. Arabs repress, suppress, and abuse other Peoples BIG TIME!

You do it to everybody else - and have been doing it for CENTURIES - WAY before ISRAEL was every a twinkle in Herzel's eyes.

I think that instead of complaining, and shouting, and feeling insutlted, and threatening my life - AS ISLAMICS ALWAYS DO - and insulting me back, you should take some time out, in all fairness, and so so research for yourself.

To begin, go to Moustafa Gadalla's site first.

BTW, will I ever see these comment in your site? Or will you delete it

ledskof
Over the system
Over the system

Post by ledskof » Wed May 21, 2008 1:38 pm

So we are getting an influx of invalid justification for the murder of people today.

Typical.

Wang Lang
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Even Wiki admits that the majority population was Palestinia

Post by Wang Lang » Wed May 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Even the Greek historian Herodotus mentioned that area by the name of Palestine (the Greek version of that word)

Even according to Wikipedia, by 1800 a.d. , only 7 thousand out of 275 thousand people in that region were Jews. The majority of the rest were Muslims.

scroll down to about the middle of the page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

Also a quote from Wiki:
According to Ottoman statistics studied by Justin McCarthy,[145] the population of Palestine in the early 19th century was 350,000, in 1860 it was 411,000 and in 1900 about 600,000 of which 94% were Arabs.

So, we can see that even according to Wikipedia, that just before Zionism and during the early years of Zionism, the land was mostly Muslim.

Than what happened.
As the Zionists continued to flood in under the protection of a British gun, the ratio changed.

Still, before the unethical UN mandate, the Zionists had purchased only 6% of the land.

Just before the UN immorally declared Israel to be a state (and before the 1948 war), the Zionists began to commit ethnic cleansing of Palestine, starting by executing a slaughter of Palestinians in the village of Deir Yassin, and then other villages, which terrorized 750,000 Palestinians into fleeing their homes in fear.

To this day, neither they nor their children have been allowed the right of return.
Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. ... Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home. ... But according to the accepted canons of right and wrong, nothing can be said against the Arab resistance in the face of overwhelming odds.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Wang Lang
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

earthakit2's anti-Islamic bigotry

Post by Wang Lang » Wed May 21, 2008 3:36 pm

"Anyway, you, Islams that HATE the JEws so much,"
That's typical of the anti-Islami bigotry coming from the West. Muslim antagonism against came after political Zionism started. For centuries, the Jews would escape to Muslim lands to escape Christian persecution.
What gives?

----------------------

earthakit2: "JUst because that area of the world, was settled by Philistines,"

My response: Actually, according to Israeli professor Shlomo Sand:
But the chances that the Palestinians are descendants of the ancient Judaic people are much greater than the chances that you or I are its descendants. The first Zionists, up until the Arab Revolt [1936-9], knew that there had been no exiling, and that the Palestinians were descended from the inhabitants of the land. They knew that farmers don't leave until they are expelled. Even Yitzhak Ben-Zvi, the second president of the State of Israel, wrote in 1929 that, 'the vast majority of the peasant farmers do not have their origins in the Arab conquerors, but rather, before then, in the Jewish farmers who were numerous and a majority in the building of the land.
http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/6158

In other words, the Palestinians are descendants of the many people who lived there, including Jews who converted to Islam and Christianity.

--------------

earthakit2: "In fact, you Arabs, may very well have CRUSHED the original Peoples,"
There is good historical evidence from that time period which shows that the people there were treated well.
Omar (the Arab leader at that time) allowed Jews to return who had been banned by Romans, and he did not force anyone to convert.

-------------------

eartatik2: "when the Arab Islamics invaded the Middle East. You, Arabs surged out of the Peninsula and took over."
Muslims fought the Persians when the king of Persia first declared war on them. They fought the Byzantines when the Byzantine governor of Basra massacred the Muslim ambassadors sent to him.

--------------

earthatik: "And the religion of islam was imposed on them."
That's a historical fallacy. The people openly accepted Islam. It was the very rare exception that Islam was imposed, especially since the Quran forbids imposing Islam.

---------------

earthatik: "You. Arabs repress, suppress, and abuse other Peoples BIG TIME!:
The Arabs don't do anything even remotely approaching the level of oppression that the Israelis commit.

--------------

earthatik2: "and so so research for yourself."
You should actually listen to your own advice. The renowned historian Will Durant wrote that Islam was not spread by the sword.
You should consider studying history from objective sources, instead of from sources that are so biased and prejudiced against Muslims.
Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. ... Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home. ... But according to the accepted canons of right and wrong, nothing can be said against the Arab resistance in the face of overwhelming odds.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Wang Lang
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Who am I

Post by Wang Lang » Wed May 21, 2008 9:14 pm

I am a dedicated anti-Zionist.

The reason I oppose Zionism so vehemently is that, unlike other oppressors in the world today such as the KKK, the Zionists are effectively able to use propaganda to trick some people into believing that Israel is a democracy, when in fact it is an apartheid, racist, piece of cruelty.

It was formed immorally by the UN who had no right to take away a piece of the Palestinian peoples' land and give it to foreigners.

It has caused decades of misery on the Palestinians, and then has had the audacity to make the Palestinians appear to be the villains when the Palestinians exercise their right as human beings to fight back.
--Mahatma Gandhi