Hopeless Naivete

Current events, politics, and more.
capego
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Hopeless Naivete

Post by capego » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Should I think Gabbard, holding a recently-fringed anti war stance, who hasn't otherwise been notable or drawn attention to systemic problems of the US Gov, and who polls low is going to win the Election, or otherwise convince a large audience against war? Or should I assume Gabbard isn't going to get elected as president, her intention isn't to present a message, it is to make money from campaigning and then endorsing the democratic candidate (probably Warren as VP and Biden as President). And that, since she doesn't present a useful message (like Ron Paul did by addressing multiple avenues of systemic problems (the money system, war, etc)), the anti war message alone is a pointless message - look how fast the goldfish democrats went from anti war to pro war.

Should I think the corrupted FBI suddenly decided to prosecute Epstein despite their corruption? Or should I assume the Epstein case is there to collect and contain any material held by people other than Epstein on running democratic candidates (one in particular).

At least one youtuber is appropriately skeptic (despite being wrong most of the time on the model) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjuegava1AU

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Re: Hopeless Naivete

Post by Ry » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:52 pm

its not recent she has always been antiwar
Get The Empire Unmasked here

capego
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by capego » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Recently-fringed, as in, among democrats, the position of being anti war has recently become a fringe position. I know she has always been anti war, but even that seemingly originally stemmed from the naive position on her part that the US funds terrorists to oppose bad people/governments/dictators.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm

the US does fund terrorists to oppose bad people/governments/dictators
Get The Empire Unmasked here

capego
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by capego » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Ry wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm the US does fund terrorists to oppose bad people/governments/dictators
US funds terrorists to gain strategic power/advantage, not to oppose bad X. The "to oppose bad X" is the front story given to low-mid rank military personnel, and if a bad government is opposed, that is just a side effect. I don't care to continue explaining English or nuance, so, that's all from me.