This made me laugh

Current events, politics, and more.
Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

This made me laugh

Post by Ry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:09 am

Antiwar protesters weren't the only ones taking to the streets of Washington this past weekend. The largely overlooked pro-war movement crawled out of the closet, and it was truly a pathetic sight to see.

While operating most effectively undercover, whispering into the ear of the ruler and passing brazen lies off as "intelligence," at times the necessity of making a public appearance is unavoidable. To counter the effect of the Sept. 24 mobilization, the denizens of the pro-war neocon Right came slithering out of their holes, announcing a rally to be held by a grand coalition of pro-war groups. Averring that "this could easily attract 10,000" people into the streets in support of "staying the course" in Iraq, rally organizers boasted that the Silent Majority was about to be heard. Their Web site, supportthetroopsweekend.org, was announced with much fanfare, and a group set out from the West Coast in self-conscious emulation of Cindy Sheehan's antiwar tour – albeit with one difference: the pro-war traveling sideshow flopped pretty much wherever it went.

Things went downhill from there. The only thing that didn't go downhill was the predicted turnout from pro-war rally organizers. "Sunday is a very large pro-war event sponsored by family members of servicemen and women, who want to let the world know that Cindy Sheehan does not speak for them," proclaimed Ed McNamara of "Protest Warrior," a group of pro-war provocateurs whose main activity has been trying to incite violence at antiwar events. "Rightmarch," a leading member of the pro-war coalition of neocon front groups, confidently predicted "this promises to be a well-attended, heavily-covered rally."

"We are preparing for as many as 20,000 people, just to be on the safe side," said Kristinn Taylor of FreeRepublic.com, another member of the coalition of the shilling.

When Sunday came and the rally was scheduled to begin, poor Taylor was left standing there with about 100 people trickling into the rally site. The biggest estimate I have on hand is 400, tops – and it looks like Taylor was really very far on the "safe side." There were more than enough empty chairs.

Gee, I almost feel sorry for the guy.

Speaking of sorry, Rightmarch maintains, in a screed directed at their supporters, that their event didn't come cheap:

"This rally – and the events around it, including counter-protests on Friday and Saturday, and Congressional lobbying on Monday – is costing us literally tens of thousands of dollars."

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

These idiots spent thousands of dollars per demonstrator – and demonstrated that they're not the "silent majority," as they stupidly claim, but rather a pathetic and isolated minority that is focused mainly on hating Cindy Sheehan. Good luck trying to build a movement around smearing a mother who has lost her son to an increasingly scary and unpopular war. That's the neoconservative movement for you: a large head planted atop a body so spindly as to be practically nonexistent.

– Justin Raimondo notes
Get The Empire Unmasked here

HORATIO
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by HORATIO » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:25 am

Pathetic and laughable.
But unfortunately the biggest support for the war comes from peoples apathy.

Left of Larry
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Left of Larry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:31 am

I find it amazing how the right manages to demonize a mother who lost a son at war..only because it undermines their hegemonic idealism. It's sad when idealism comes before the reality of what is happening.
REP THE STUTTER STEP THEN BOMB A LEFT UPON THE FASCISTS!! (ratm)

Like a Hawk...I am watching you, Mr. President.

Colby

I saw it firsthand...

Post by Colby » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:11 am

I've been in DC all weekend for the events, and saw the counter-protest first hand... sad and pathetic are words I'd use to describe it. Just a tattered patch-work flag with a handful of people listening to some neo-con jerks spout nothing to nobody. I giggled and went to the Smithsonian to look at dinosaur bones.

- Colby

Left of Larry
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Re: I saw it firsthand...

Post by Left of Larry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:20 am

Colby wrote:I've been in DC all weekend for the events, and saw the counter-protest first hand... sad and pathetic are words I'd use to describe it. Just a tattered patch-work flag with a handful of people listening to some neo-con jerks spout nothing to nobody. I giggled and went to the Smithsonian to look at dinosaur bones.

- Colby
hahaha..tha'ts pretty funny... I would have to agree that Dinosaur bones are indeed much more interesting than anything a neocon has to say. lol

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:34 am

They have to attack Cindy's character because they CAN'T Address her arguements.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Left of Larry
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Left of Larry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:24 am

Ry wrote:They have to attack Cindy's character because they CAN'T Address her arguements.
Indeed, but isn't that what neocons do best? it's called propaganda.