Awesome move by Keith Ellison

Current events, politics, and more.
Zulfiqar
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Awesome move by Keith Ellison

Post by Zulfiqar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:18 am

But It's Thomas Jefferson's Koran!

Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress, found himself under attack last month when he announced he'd take his oath of office on the Koran -- especially from Virginia Rep. Virgil Goode, who called it a threat to American values.

Yet the holy book at tomorrow's ceremony has an unassailably all-American provenance. We've learned that the new congressman -- in a savvy bit of political symbolism -- will hold the personal copy once owned by Thomas Jefferson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00075.html
IrrigatedPancake wrote:Uhoh, nobody tell the terrorists where to find the building where we store the economy.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:20 am

Rep.-elect Keith Ellison is a Muslim. That was too much for Virgil Goode of Virginia who had a coneption fit when Ellison informally swore in on the Qurran. Virgil Goode is a Christian bigot (that in no way reflects on Christianity as whole just him). The man has the Ten Commandments plastered up on his wall and he claims that American was founded on Christian principles. He warned people to adopt his anti-immigration bill or that more Muslims could get into congress. Never mind that Ellison's family has lived in America since the 1700s. Goode apparently sees it as a crime for a non-Christian to get elected into office and he is actually afraid, "more might be out there." I am actually for tighter immirgaration laws but not for any of the reasons given by Goode's 17th century metality.

First off the USA is not founded on Christian principles. Christianity and the Bible advocate the divine right of kings. Anyone who doubts that and wants to ignore the passages about it must also ignore over thousand, indeed, nearly two thousand years of history where Christian nations did indeed have monarchies. The Bible has the Book of Kings one and two and King David, King Solomon, and King Saul. Even Heven is referred to as a Kingdom. No where in the Bible does it talk about voting or anything about a constitutional Republic. Christianity was well aware of this as well, the Ancient Greeks as well as the Romans had has Senates, voting, and Republican governments. Christianity however sided with the divine right of Kings and thus was supported by the Roman Emperors since it gave them absolute power.

Thomas Paine wrote a very famous pamphlet called Common Sense (that summed up arguments made by Sam Adams,) which was a list of reason's to reject the king.
Government by kings was first introduced into the world by the Heathens, from whom the children of Israel copied the custom. It was the most prosperous invention the Devil ever set on foot for the promotion of idolatry. The Heathens paid divine honours to their deceased kings, and the Christian World hath improved on the plan by doing the same to their living ones. How impious is the title of sacred Majesty applied to a worm, who in the midst of his splendor is crumbling into dust!
-

The revolution and the constitution were a step away from religious absolutism. Many of the founding fathers, like Thomas Jefferson the man who wrote the Declaration of Independence and the bulk of the constitution were non-Christians.

The Ten Commandments that Virgil Goode is so proud of and hangs behind his desk are archaic Jewish laws that adopt slavery unquestionably. Both the 4th and 10th commandments mention slavery.

Here is the 4th commandment Deuteronomy 5:14
But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, or your son or your daughter, or your male or female slave, or your ox or your donkey, or any of your livestock, or the resident alien in your towns, so that your male and female slave may rest as well as you
So even your slaves have to keep the Sabbath Day holy. The concept of not having slaves at all, never sees the light of day.

Here is the Exodus version. Ex 20:8-9
Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work. 10But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns
Here is the 10th commandment.
Deuteronomy 5:21
Neither shall you covet your neighbour’s wife. Neither shall you desire your neighbour’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
Here is the Exodus verse
Ex 20:17
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Not only does this mention slavery but it also seems to be directed soly at men as it says not to covet your neighbor's wife yet it mentions nothing about your neighbor's husband.

Some bibles now replace the words slaves with servant and maid servents. But if you have any doubts as to what the word slave means just look at the next chapter. Exodus 21:20-21.
"If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, 21 but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property
The slave is his property. The Bible is full of crazy things like selling one's own daughters, sacrificing animals-along with very detailed methods of just how to burn them and cut them up, there is also rape, incest, and virtually any vice one could imagine.

Last time I checked as well America was for ALL people not just the Christians. Our congress also represents the people in their districts regardless of their religion. Virgil Goode is an embarrassment for the state of Virginia. Virginia once was the primary player in forming this constitutional Republic. George Washington, James Madison, Patrick Henry, Thomas Jefferson... the writers of the constitution, the Bill of Rights, the first president of the United States and the general of the continental army who defeated the British (with the help of France) and broke us away from that monarchy were Virginians. There is a reason the Capital which is named after Washington was placed in Northern Virginia. Likewise the Virginia state flag shows a woman standing over a tyrant. Virginia used to strike fear in the hearts of would be tyrants in Europe and the loyalist in America. Everyone knew not to pass corrupt laws because the Virginians would not put up with it. Virginia like Boston has a proud history of challenging the tyrants.

My how the mighty state of liberty has fallen. Today Virginia is the host of the most corrupt holy rollers like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. And Virgil Goode running his mouth in open bigotry about Muslims only further taints the states reputation and solidifies its fall from grace. Our country desperately needs a new Patrick Henry. Bush and his AIPAC submissive servants to the military industrial complex have made a mockery of the constitution and have gutted the Bill of Rights without a peep from the corporate controlled Media.

Do we need to start over? Is it time to write the pamphlets again and go stand on a soapbox on the street corner? I am presently in Jefferson's home town of Charlottesville and that is exactly what I intend on doing. Virgil Goode should resign. We don't need bigots like him in office who simultaneously ruin his state and religion by associating it with his own personal ignorant prejudices.

I am going to do this and I will put it up on Youtube. It is time for a new revolution. Get out there and protect our constitution. Rail against the military commission's act, or the patriot act or the so call hate-speech act. Take these neocons down and force someone in congress to be a voice for the people.
Alas! we have been long led away by ancient prejudices and made large sacrifices to superstition
-Thomas Paine, Common Sense
Last edited by Ry on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

SupaDupa
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by SupaDupa » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:39 pm

Yes, contrary to popular belief America was definately not founded on Christian ideals. Everyone should read the book called "The God Delusion". I can't remember the author but it is a great book. At one point it talks about how the majority of the authors of the constitution were Aethists.
Let's an aethists official got elected, ha, like that would ever happen unless they lied about their religion. Would they have to swear oath on a book of religion?

SupaDupa
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by SupaDupa » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:56 pm

You may not, but right now the bulk of America does.

SupaDupa
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by SupaDupa » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:28 pm

They have done polls. I don't know the cites for them but, I remember hearing them a while back. Also, it's kind of a little bit of common sense that the people are loyal to their own religion. They are centered around their own religion and the ideals of other religion are inferior to theirs. They have a sort of taboo. People feel that they can trust others of their religion.

FOUND SOMETHING:
Hopefully, American Voters Will Not Base Their Vote on Race
Dec. 13, 2006
(Not the Start of the Article I cut the first part off)
Religion, on the other hand, is another matter. Religious bias against Muslims is far more prevalent and defended by many in the media and politics. The Glenn Becks and the Dennis Pragers of the world find it perfectly acceptable to single out Muslims for discrimination and suspicion. This might be a much bigger problem for Barack Obama.

Why? Obama isn't Muslim, he is Christian. Problem solved. Not exactly.

As conservative pundit Ed Rogers pointed out on MSNBC a couple of weeks ago, Sen. Obama's middle name is "Hussein." So, how long do you think it'll be before the right wing starts referring to the senator from Illinois as Barack Hussein Obama? Not very long, since it's already started.

Now, the real question is how many Americans will go into voting booth and check off the box for Barack Hussein Obama as the next President of the United States? There, I have my doubts.
(Not the end)
Last edited by SupaDupa on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q'
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Q' » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Notice those "Christians" are the one Jesus warned against.

SupaDupa
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by SupaDupa » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:23 pm

Q' wrote:Notice those "Christians" are the one Jesus warned against.
What?

faceless
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by faceless » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:10 pm

SupaDupa wrote:
Q' wrote:Notice those "Christians" are the one Jesus warned against.
What?
he's suggesting, I think, that these are the exact type of "Christians" that Jesus warned against.

I hope that's cleared it up for you!

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:50 pm

You don't have to swear in on any book. House members are officially swore in without any book. Goode should know that since this is his 6th term. Unofficially in separate cerimonies they can swear in on books. Jewish members have sworn in on books other than the Bible but nobody had a shit-fit about that. John Quincy Adams sworn in on a law book. Teddy Roosevelt used no book. The entire thing is not even official.

The problem here is not that Ellison is not Christian. The problem Goode has is that he is Muslim. Muslims are the only group that can threaten Christianity's majority. I agree with the above I would rather have Muslims in office than anymore Christian Zionists.

Of course I dont care what a person believes so ling as they are a good congressmen. However the things are not unrelated. In the actual world, a person's religious belief do influence the way we go about foriegn policies and on normal legislation. Everything from Science to war is effected by religion. Any minority can get elected to congress. Only two grous are left that cannot make it openly to any office and that is the atheists and the homosexuals. Why? because of religious bigotry and prejudice towards both groups.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

flanker12k
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.

Post by flanker12k » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:38 pm

you know ellison actually gives me hope for the "muslims" in america.

from what i've seen of the tards is that there's a xenophobic faction that likes to isolate its self from the community it lives in and there's a faction that is more moderate and wants to weave its self into the fabric of community. So far the motherfucking xenophobes have been winning, that's why i've written those fuckers off and refuse to associate with muslims.