What would you do if you were president?

Current events, politics, and more.
flanker12k
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.

Post by flanker12k » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:48 am

nationalize the federal reserve, abolish the CFR and trilateral commissions and based on their publications try them for treason against the constitution

then probably get shot as i tried to do the first!

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:09 am

myspace.com/koreyforpresident
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift

ledskof
Over the system
Over the system

Post by ledskof » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:16 am

My presidency would probably start by everyone I care about being murdered then myself being shot. But I don't see me becoming president without changing my views on the organizations who allow people to be president in the first place.

This is more like what I would do if i was emperor not president but...:

I would look into ways to stop exporting oil. I would try to make the currency of the US owned by US citizens and abolish the federal reserve. I would try to stop pointless military operations in foreign countries. I would attempt to move our military into a real defense military instead of a conquest military. All of the money saved on foreign military would be spent on important things like education and technology to help the people of the country like energy alternatives. I would work to move the country away from being an oil based hydraulic despotism. As long as we are so reliant on oil, we are always at risk of being a hydraulic despotism. I would dissolve everything I could about the MIC. I would attempt to change NASA into a space research organization for and add the purposes of supporting private space research companies and definitely end NASA's role as a MIC technology design firm and cash cow. I would force an immediate(relatively) replacement for the space shuttle as it is a ridiculous cash cow. I would force any company whose purpose is to support a foreign country to register as a foreign agent. Their funds would have to be supplied by that foreign country. I would try to dissolve and replace the FDA, EPA, USDA, SEC, and a shitload of other agencies who basically just support corrupt mega-business like the MIC. I would completely abolish Homeland Security and reinstate FEMA with a real objective and try to put mechanisms in place to keep it from becoming a corrupt entity. I would stop giving money, technology, and munitions to Israel until they show a valid need for it. I would increase surveillance of government officials and business, and reduce surveillance of citizens.

I would definitely try to do something about how ridiculous airports have become. Not enough people are willing to stop using the airports to force them to reduce these ridiculous stipulations.

I would attempt to legalize drugs and end government involvement in the drug business. We are wasting too much money on it. All of that money could go towards making this country a place that doesn't suck so bad that people end up using drugs -- Just like the rest of the money we waste on bullshit.

I would tax churches and force them to register as businesses if they must handle money. I'm not sure the best way to stop them from dumping money on Israel but I've been thinking about it. That needs to stop and their ability to ever funnel money from one country to another has to end.

and blah blah blah. My point as the most executive public ***servant*** would be to make things better for the public. Not to capitalize on my empire. That is not why we want people in office is it? So the shit needs to stop.

So yeah basically as president I'd just be shot.

adam1

Post by adam1 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:41 pm

I know this is for fun, but to stimulate some seriousness....

How about... "What are you going to do instead of talking about what you would do if you were this or that?"

Do you not feel it's a waste of time to write down what you would do if we pretty much all have the same world ambitions?

*sigh* and it's not going to happen.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

what would i do

Post by Ry » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:11 pm

I would ablolish the federal reserve we already have a department of the tresury. I would end all aid to Israel and threaten them with invasion if they didn't dismantle the settlements. I would end the tax-exemption for churches and throw the money into research for alternative energy. I would pull out of NAFTA and close the trade deficit. I would create plublic radio and TV to free it from corporate spponsorship. I would raise the smoking age and lower the drinking age to 20. I would make the drunk driving test 0.0 like Japan and a one strike you are out rule. I would close the school of the America and I would open trade with Cuba. I would of course pull out of Iraq and make a public list of all the nobid contracts that had already been given out. I would lift the ban on stem cell research. I would legalize gay marraige. I would abloish the BIA and let native AMericans use the normal courts. I would demnd the courts rule the patriot acts and military commissions acts as unconstitutional. I would close gitmo and put the people in charge on war crimes trial. I would end all production of Nukes and DU I would have the people who used DU arrested and hung in the public square in Iraq and Lebanon. The AIPAC would be registered as a foriegn agent and the ADL a terrorist organization. I would allow an independent investigation of 911. I would cut the defense buget in half and pull our troops out of Japan and Germany and stick them on the Mexican border which would be closed. At the same time I would make it easier to legaly come to the US. The star wars program would end and the money would be spent on universal health care. We would have free speech again. I would sanction Israel through the UN and give aid to Palestine. I would open a dialog with North Korea and send the people food in an agreement to downgrade weapon delivering systems. I would end the ocupation of Guam. I would close tax loop holes. Public schools would get more funding, they would teach classes on civics and philosophy, foriegn language would start in elementry school not highschool and that would be a national goal, Health would become a staple class not an elective (and a focus on food and neutrition) and there would be more than one history class. English would become an elective after 10th grade but there would be required classes on government and on economics. I would de-criminalize pot and lift restrictions on movies that were based only on nudity. Gays would be allowed in the military as would women if they were qualitfied give the absolute same sttandards for the men. And putting clothing on dogs would be punishable by stoning to death.

ok so the last line was a joke. lethal injection is more humane ;)
Get The Empire Unmasked here

adam1

Post by adam1 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:20 pm

Despite what I said earlier... Ry for President! :D

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:51 pm

What am I going to do? I am going to get Jim Webb to impeach Bush and Cheney and act as the brains behind his push for it.

adam1

Post by adam1 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:00 pm

Chill out. Just trying to show that I think u'd make a gd one.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:48 am

I would grant states money to build afforable housing. Under the threat of nuclear anihilation Israel would be spending their money to build the Palestinians mansions.

Dyncorp would be on trial and all male sex offenders caught would be castorated.

Zulfiqar
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Zulfiqar » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:50 am

Ry wrote: Under the threat of nuclear anihilation Israel would be spending their money to build the Palestinians mansions.
haha. You got my vote.
IrrigatedPancake wrote:Uhoh, nobody tell the terrorists where to find the building where we store the economy.