illegal immigrants

Current events, politics, and more.
Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

illegal immigrants

Post by Dissent » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:56 pm

maybe in the wrong topic but i wanted to know whats your opinion on illegal immigrants? maybe a topic fourm for racism? whatevers...

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... 5683987718
I was in the George Bush is an Asshole group today on MS and someone brought up the subject that illegals immigrant use up our healthcare, commit crimes and take all our jobs. I get upset how they use “illegals” to cover up who they are really trying to target (Mexicans or Hispanics). Its always white folks(and yes its always the white folks) bitching that this is some huge border problem we are facing.
I know that for a fact that Hispanics put double the effort in getting work done (even if its selling oranges at the off ramp). Most that I know usually do not visit hospitals because they are worried about their legal status here.
I like to help out those without legal papers with some money. I cannot help out the other bums in the streets because they have opportunity to get a job and they wont because their lazy and they don’t want to work. so if our country does remove those without the proper documents, who’s gonna do your services?
Let us not forget that the US had taken land from the Indians 400 years back. They practically tried to killem all by making the buffalo extinct (Correct me if I’m wrong). Anyways just want to hear the two cents on you guys because people against illegals pisses me off.

poor grammar, im at work
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

Nomad
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Nomad » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:23 pm

I think it's a bad thing. The US population is already too large and by allowing more people here, we're increasing the strain on our ecosystems. Also, that allows us to be a valve for excess population in Third World countries which lets them increase their numbers at the expense of THEIR ecosystem while sending the extra people here.

I'm for less people. EVERYWHERE. Period.
planet over property
community over competition
well-being over wealth
cooperation over control

Image Image

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:40 pm

Legalize them they are here anyway, and make them pay taxes. BUT require an english proficiantcy test.
Let them come poor or not. I bet you most of your Irish, Polish, German, great grand parents were not the poster children of wealth. This is/was a country for the poor to come and make a change.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Gyps
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by Gyps » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:55 pm

i don't see why they can't come and stay. i love watching them blend in and become sucessful, like all our ancestors before them (except for yours Ry :(). there's plenty of room here for them. but i do think that an all at once mass exodus out of texas might strain us. and i don't want to learn spanish and must say it annoys the hell out of me on phones and ATMs and stuff like that lol. if they're going to live here they should learn the language. that's not too much to ask.
~that which is to shed light must endure burning~ victor frank