Who here knows about ghandi?

Current events, politics, and more.
Viva La Revolution
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Who here knows about ghandi?

Post by Viva La Revolution » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:50 pm

who here would say ghandi is an idol of theirs or at least a person who would influence you politically and morally?
Silence, something about silence makes me sick, cause silence can be violent sorta like a slit wrist.-ZDLR (RATM)

Jawn
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Jawn » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:15 am

i think i have similar political views

i took this test called the political compass to see where i really stand deep down, im on the bottom left

http://politicalcompass.org/

^sheck it

Fat Pat
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Fat Pat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:06 am

Uh, I take a cue from Ghandi in that I'm a Vegan so that I can show through example how to help end the sever environmental destruction as a result of factory farming, how to help end a system of using anti-biotics that actually creates more lethal strains of the bacteria they're trying to supress on Factory Farms, how one can go about helping to end the treatment of animals as property and profit, how Feminists can take a stand against using a mother's milk for anything other than feeding their baby, and how people can have better health through an animal-free diet.

Also, I'm a "pascifist", but not really in the way Ghandi was. I'd have to explain it and don't want to. But as for someone who influences me, then yes, definitely.
Render unto Cesar that which he has rendered unto you - hardship, imprisonment, torture, and eventual death. Fuck Cesar. Let him be hanged.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:53 am

He gets alot of credit for freeing India. Let me tell you what made India free. Fucking WWII did. England was too far in debt and had to little strength to continue to run the area. Ghandi was nothing, they could march around and get arrested all day the Brits didn't care.

Viva La Revolution
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Viva La Revolution » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:02 am

yes, i agree he has gotten way to much credit for "freeing" india, but what you do also need to remember is we wouldnt have had peaceful civil right's movements without the guy. Martin Luther King Jr's biggest influence was from Ghandi, without that guy my grandfather could have been killed at a younger age for no peaceful protest.
Silence, something about silence makes me sick, cause silence can be violent sorta like a slit wrist.-ZDLR (RATM)

MindGames
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by MindGames » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:51 am

It is important to understand the Gandhi had literally NOTHING to to do with India gaining independence (which never really happened anyway, seing as how they are now under the veil of US imperialism). The entire British Empire collapsed all around the world, not just in India. The British pulled out of India because they were pulling out of everywhere. Gandhi just served the role of a puppet to slow revolutionary energy.

Viva La Revolution
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Viva La Revolution » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:42 am

yeah.. i guess your right

Fat Pat
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Fat Pat » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:28 am

Hmm.. didn't realize that about the whole Ghandi thing. Oh well. I only like his "show through example" ideal.
Render unto Cesar that which he has rendered unto you - hardship, imprisonment, torture, and eventual death. Fuck Cesar. Let him be hanged.

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:40 am

Fat Pat wrote:Uh, I take a cue from Ghandi in that I'm a Vegan so that I can show through example how to help end the sever environmental destruction as a result of factory farming, how to help end a system of using anti-biotics that actually creates more lethal strains of the bacteria they're trying to supress on Factory Farms, how one can go about helping to end the treatment of animals as property and profit, how Feminists can take a stand against using a mother's milk for anything other than feeding their baby, and how people can have better health through an animal-free diet.

Also, I'm a "pascifist", but not really in the way Ghandi was. I'd have to explain it and don't want to. But as for someone who influences me, then yes, definitely.
And with veganism (at least if it was widespread) the environment will be destroyed through overpopulation of certain animals, such as deer.

And you can't have better health through an animal-free diet. You're going to lose certain vitamins and minerals, such as vitiman K, iron, b12 and not recieve the proteins that make you a big and strong he-man.

Vegans tend to be healthier because they avoid fast food and eat vegetables, which most people don't eat enough greens. It isn't meat that is the problem, but the lack of balance.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift

Iconoclast
no leftist
no leftist

Post by Iconoclast » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:41 am

Viva La Revolution wrote:yes, i agree he has gotten way to much credit for "freeing" india, but what you do also need to remember is we wouldnt have had peaceful civil right's movements without the guy. Martin Luther King Jr's biggest influence was from Ghandi, without that guy my grandfather could have been killed at a younger age for no peaceful protest.
Martin Luther King Jr's greatest influence was Karl Marx.
"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." ~ Jonathan Swift