Post by Ry » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:44 am

bump
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Muckraker33
Protesting War
Protesting War

Re: Hidden History of Thanksgiving among other things

Post by Muckraker33 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:10 pm

For the last few years, I have refused to celebrate Thanksgiving, much to the chagrin of my mother. Sorry, but I refuse to participate in the whitewashing of history. I don't care if people come to me telling me that it doesn't mean the same thing it did before and that we should just "give thanks." Bullshit. I would rather pick any other day for that. "Thanksgiving" day should be a day of fasting, not feasting, if anything. Most importantly, it should be a day where we commemorate the true dark history of what this nation was built upon, and strive to change, not the history, but the future of our nation. May it be a day where we compare the plunders of old to what is going on under our noses today. May it strengthen our resolve to both identify and to put an end to colonialism, privateering, profiteering, and any kind of religious or other idealogical kool-aid that fuels it.
ImageImage

R4F1
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by R4F1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Some people bitch about Black Friday and how it takes away from Thanksgiving. But its the celebration of American "Thanksgiving" that i find disturbing, not Black Friday.

Black Friday is completely voluntary, and whether it is good or bad, people can willingly partake and abstain, and it isn't pushed down upon anyone. Thanksgiving however, is a fake holiday and for people complaining about the zombie-like tendencies of Black Friday, they should be having similar complaints about Thanksgiving. You don't need a DAY to "give thanks" [for whatever the fuck Thanksgiving is designed to give thanks for], you can do it every and any other day of your life/year.

I don't participate in Thanksgiving, but I've gone shopping most Black Fridays.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:36 am

i'd never heard of black friday and didn't know what it was until like 2006

Muckraker33
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Muckraker33 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 am

Ry wrote:i'd never heard of black friday and didn't know what it was until like 2006
Thank you. I'm not the only one. In fact I'm pretty darn sure it was a recent invention, but if anybody can pull some black friday ads from the 80's, I will concede.

I can't believe people get into fist fights over useless shit to buy. It must actually be entertainment for the neocons to watch the footage of the brainwashed, hyperconsumerist, riff raff, dwindling middle class scuffle about.
ImageImage

R4F1
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by R4F1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 pm

Muckraker33 wrote:
Ry wrote:i'd never heard of black friday and didn't know what it was until like 2006
Thank you. I'm not the only one. In fact I'm pretty darn sure it was a recent invention, but if anybody can pull some black friday ads from the 80's, I will concede.

I can't believe people get into fist fights over useless shit to buy. It must actually be entertainment for the neocons to watch the footage of the brainwashed, hyperconsumerist, riff raff, dwindling middle class scuffle about.
Yes, it is a relatively modern invention.... which is why i have much more respect for it, since it is its own unique event as opposed to a bastardization of an otherwise religious or cultural event such as Christmas/Easter/etc.

I really don't care either way about people participating or not-participating in Black Friday shopping. If you don't wanna buy something, don't buy it. If you wanna buy something, pay for it. But if you don't wanna buy something, stop trying to stop others people from buying.

Black Friday is a gimmick, but companies make money off it as a way to build up hype and sales over deals. It wouldn't exist if people didn't go out and buy stuff. The people who want to ban Black Friday or want to mandate Thanksgiving a holiday where companies cant ask workers to work that day – are not trying to control the shops, they're trying to control the shoppers. Its basically one [small] group of people trying to control another [large] group of people.

I do agree people buying crap, or the commercial bastardization of otherwise religious or cultural holidays is a bad thing. But going out to find a "deal"/bargain isn't bastardization, its merely rational self-interest. Of course, we would rather buy a TV for $300 than $500. Of course, I would rather prefer a day when all products are on "sale" than merely a small section being on sale any other day. Its not remotely similar to the bastardizations of other holidays (like Christmas/Easter/etc), thats cuz Black Friday didn't hijack anything, it is its own unique event.

If you look at the amount of sales companies have during this event, it makes up a significant portion of their quarterly and yearly profits. That's a lot of money, creating a lot of jobs. Furthermore, for most companies the people who choose to (or pressured to) work that day are paid higher than they get paid any other day – and given that it usually involves working over-time, they get paid even more... People who work in retail generally get paid by the hour (unlike govt employees), and its much better to be working that day (and getting paid extra $$$) than staying home celebrating a fake holiday [Thanksgiving] and wasting money on tasteless Turkey and some other ritualizations that have no significance whatsoever [whether you're religious or an atheist].

JayJ
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.

Post by JayJ » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:24 pm

What the hell.
Infant Cannibalism Ritual for Thanksgiving?

As much as I hate to give Monsanto ideas for their future product ranges, but US crafts websites aimed at Middle America have long been a barometer, allowing me to quantify the state of society, as what happens in Kansas, comes to all of us in time. The Bible Belt's cultural landscape is always perfectly represented by the sheer bizarreness of the projects and ideas these people present on their craft sites and blogs.

For example, this unique demographic were so into the mass hysteria over the Royal Wedding a few years back, that their blogs and craft sites were filled with how to make everything from the Royal Wedding Carriage in sugar, to having a royal wedding theme barbecue in Carmel, Indiana with the entire family dressed as the Royal wedding party to celebrate the occasion. Including a Prince Philip in military uniform. I kid you not.

Once in a while, the people behind these sites up-the-ante, and outdo themselves reaching new levels of mass psychosis represented in fabric and glitter sprinkles. The Angel Ornaments made from Tampons, took some beating, but as Native American Genocide Feast approaches, we have a new contender for the most crazed crafts project yet. Which also brings up some disturbing insights into the minds of the people who would find such a thing 'adorable'.

May I present, the Thanksgiving Baby Roast Turkey Costume. One wonders if Prince Philip is being invited over for dinner. I jest, of course. Well, a little.

'Extra Baby Shit Stuffing with Natural Gravy anyone?

The blurb says it all: "Dress your baby in this roast turkey costume for a truly memorable Thanksgiving! Use this turkey Thanksgiving craft to learn how to sew a costume for your child to wear. When you bring our your baby dressed in this adorably goofy ensemble, your Thanksgiving guests will be so surprised and impressed by your handiwork (presumably, before they call the local psychiatric clinic to see if you have escaped). You could also make this turkey costume as a fun and quirky DIY Halloween costume. This hilarious and adorable DIY costume is sure to be talked about for years to come." (mainly by criminal psychologists no doubt)

http://thomassheridanofficialblog.blogspot.jp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed and loving the people who are doing the oppressing." - Malcolm X

"We know too well that our freedom isn't complete without the freedom of the Palestinians." - Nelson Mandela

"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable." - George Orwell

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:53 pm

bump

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:21 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCXniW7IP5w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:58 am

bump