This woman met that man that helped get her son killed...

Current events, politics, and more.
Fat Pat
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

This woman met that man that helped get her son killed...

Post by Fat Pat » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:52 pm

I just read this on Democracy Now! It's an interview between Amy Goodman and a woman who's son was killed in Iraq. Cindy Sheehan (the woman) actually met Bush and let him pretty much know what she thought of his murderin' ass. I thought it was pretty ballsy. Check it out:

CINDY SHEEHAN: The first thing, he came up to me, and he goes, “Mom, I can't imagine your loss. I can't imagine losing a loved one, you know, whether it be a mother, a father, a sister or brother.” And I stopped him, and I said, “You have two children. Try to imagine them being killed in a war. How would that make you feel?” And he got a little bit of -- just a little bit of human flicker in his eye, like he might be connected for a minute, because this is a man that's disconnected from humanity. And he had just got a little flicker in his eye, and I said, “Trust me, you don't want to go there.” And you know what he told me? He goes, “You're right, I don't.” And so I said, “Well, thank you for putting me there.”

And then he moved on to the next person, and then a little while later we were talking, and he went up to my oldest daughter, and he said, “I wish I could bring back your loved one to replace the hole in your heart.” And she goes, “Yeah, so do we.” And he gave her the dirtiest look and turned his back on her and ignored her for the rest of the meeting. And then a little later on in the meeting, I said, “Why were we invited here? We didn't vote for you in 2000, and we're certainly not going to vote for you in 2004.” And he said, “It's not about politics,” which is just bologna, because he went through the campaign trail, and last night he said he meets with families, and we say that we’re praying for him and stuff like that.

You know, that’s not -- that wasn't our experience. And everybody else I’ve talked to who have met with him have about the same experiences I do. He comes in, says I want to extend the gratitude of the nation and express my condolences, but he says it, and his eyes don't convey that, his heart doesn't convey that. We felt – we left our meeting with him feeling worse than when we walked in, feeling more determined to stop the madness in Iraq than before.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl? ... 29/1434216
Render unto Cesar that which he has rendered unto you - hardship, imprisonment, torture, and eventual death. Fuck Cesar. Let him be hanged.

Viva La Revolution
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Viva La Revolution » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:22 pm

yeah man... good article. i find it funny that he thinks most people support him and he gets treated like shit constantly
Silence, something about silence makes me sick, cause silence can be violent sorta like a slit wrist.-ZDLR (RATM)

virusstrike
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by virusstrike » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:20 am

yeah, nice article.