Did the Black Panther ever swing in the trees like a monkey?

Current events, politics, and more.
Rio
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Did the Black Panther ever swing in the trees like a monkey?

Post by Rio » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am

When the Black Panther movie came out, I was reminded about the Black Panther's entry in the Marvel Universe series from the 1980s.

I used to have this particular comic book and I was able to find a scan of the entry. I've highlighted the following quote on the image.
Abilities: Besides his heightened physical strength, the Black Panther possesses the speed, agility and endurance of an athlete in peak condition. He is particularly accomplished at gymnastics, acrobatics and brachiation (swinging from one branch to another using one's arms).
I never really read much Black Panther as a child, but I did have some issues. I never saw the Black Panther swinging from branch to branch in Wakanda.

In fact, the only issues that I ever read were of the Black Panther as an Avenger in America, not in Wakanda. I did some searching and saw some comic images of the Black Panther in the trees in Wakanda, but I couldn't find any of him swinging from tree branches.

And I haven't seen Black Panther theatrical release, but I highly doubt it had the Black Panther swinging from tree branches like a monkey. It would imagine it to be very insulting to black moviegoers to see the hero swing from trees like that.

I wonder why Marvel editors thought they could get away with some low-key highly insulting literature like this!

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Re: Did the Black Panther ever swing in the trees like a mon

Post by Ry » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:36 pm

he was a combination of other avengers, Tony's intellect and wealth, Steve's agility and strength, black widow's stealth, Thor's royalty, Banner's passion for science.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

GLobal
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by GLobal » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Never forget black panther was written by a jew

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 pm

he has had multiple writers

Rio
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Re: Did the Black Panther ever swing in the trees like a monkey?

Post by Rio » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:50 pm

It would be great if we could get this out to the comic book community and get a response from the Marvel corporation!

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Rio
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Rio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Hey Ry that was a great show with you and that group of guys. Very entertaining.

I am aware of Warski but I don't know much about other than he has a pretty popular channel. I learned that he made a movie and that it is on YouTube, and perhaps I will watch it.

The funniest part was when Jay asked it comics were gay, and the comic guys took him literally and started in with that long explanation that comics could appeal to gays and Jay just mumbled "I'm just fucking around dude" :lol:

I don't think comics are gay and agree that they are just guilty pleasure. For instance, it's no more gay guys who game or women who like to watch soap operas or binge watch garbage on Netflix.

I am a very casual reader and only pick up a few when I go to the library. I tend to like the graphic novels of older titles from the 80's, like the Longshot mini-series.

I am also re-reading the Secret Invasion.

Anyways, great content and let us know if you do another one.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 pm

Fall of the Hulks was a good arch