Donald Trump to Co-Headline 2016 AIPAC Conference

Current events, politics, and more.
Rio
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Donald Trump to Co-Headline 2016 AIPAC Conference

Post by Rio » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Donald Trump to Speak at AIPAC Conference
Donald Trump is scheduled to speak at the annual policy conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) later this month in Washington, D.C., according to an announcement from the group. AIPAC tweeted out the scheduled speaking engagement Friday afternoon.

Trump is among several other notable speakers, including Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will also be joining for a live satellite address.

In the past, Trump has had mixed receptions when speaking to Jewish groups.

At the Republican Jewish Coalition's presidential forum in December, the GOP front-runner was booed after he did not name Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

"You know what I want to do? I want to wait till I meet with Bibi, you know, I'm leaving for Israel in a very short period of time," Trump had said at the time. (Trump ended up cancelling the trip.)

And the brash billionaire made other missteps during the event, including telling the audience "you're not gonna support me because I don't want your money."

"You want to control your politicians, that's fine. Five months ago I was with you," he said. "I do want your support, but I don't want your money."

Trump has also been on the record as saying is was "neutral" when it comes to the fight between Israel and Palestine, a contentious stance among many Jewish voters.

During Thursday's debate in Miami, however, Trump tried again to appeal to pro-Israel voters.

"I think if we're going to ever negotiate a peace settlement, which every Israeli wants, and I've spoken to the toughest and the sharpest, they all want peace, I think it would be much more helpful is -- I'm a negotiator," he said on the debate stage. "If I go in, I'll say I'm pro-Israel and I've told that to everybody and anybody that would listen."

He also highlighted his ties to the Jewish community, mentioning that "I happen to have a son-in-law and a daughter that are Jewish, OK? And two grandchildren that are Jewish."

And, he added, "I was the grand marshal, not so long ago, of the Israeli Day Parade down Fifth Avenue. I've made massive contributions to Israel. I have a lot of -- I have tremendous love for Israel."

The AIPAC conference will be held from Mar. 20-22.

GLobal
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Re: Donald Trump to Co-Headline 2016 AIPAC Conference

Post by GLobal » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:55 pm

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if he does go. Whats even more interesting is their [Israels] ace in the hole, slieght of hand card, Bernie Sanders might not be there or what? We all know he supports them....

atlantaiconoclast
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by atlantaiconoclast » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:25 pm

If Trump wins and reads the redacted pages of the Inquiry, who here thinks he might shift his view of Israel? Or would he shudder at the truth?

Raoul
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Raoul » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:20 pm

I like the fact that thats a possibility. Even with his Jewish ties he might snap when he finds out who did what to his America. That's one reason why the Neo-cohens are doing everything to get him out, thats why I want him in.
All Politics is a Meme War

GLobal
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by GLobal » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Exactly. No other candidate even bothered to mention the 28pages. When he gets the chance to read them he will not only be amazed, but maybe we will find ourselves in the first legit war in a long time, the invasion of israel...

btw, just because he is going to the conference doesnt mean anything, everyone has to pay the piper

haarp
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by haarp » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:23 pm

He's sucking up real hard right now
We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force…. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.

atlantaiconoclast
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by atlantaiconoclast » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:56 am

haarp wrote:He's sucking up real hard right now
Yes, I don't see how I can support him now. The lies about Iran are just too much. But I think Trump may honestly believe this crap he is spewing about Iran. He is very smart, but let's face it, he is pretty ignorant about many foreign policy details. Walid Phares is on his foreign policy team for goodness sake! Yikes!

zeeek1
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by zeeek1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:37 pm

A blast from Donny's past? No, just the other day!

Hail Israel!!!!!

Raoul
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Raoul » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:01 am

Fuck.

Raoul
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Raoul » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:59 am

atlantaiconoclast wrote:I don't see how I can support him now. The lies about Iran are just too much.
I'm in the exact same position. When he said he'll be moving the US consulate to Jerusalem the one true capital of Israel I tapped out.

So here we are. Is there any point sticking with Trump, Is he any more hawkish than Hillary? We know for a fact Hillary is pro war. I don't normally watch those AIPAC conferences because you know exactly what there going to say, the pitch hasn't changed for decades. Hillary even said the same thing about Jerusalem being the true capital of Israel.

I'd like to see someone make a case for an option other than Trump without just saying he's "Literally Hitler" like the brain damaged left have been.