A short guide to the Middle East...

Current events, politics, and more.
fudd
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Re: A short guide to the Middle East...

Post by fudd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm

I am new. I hope it is ok to post this here.

I just wanted to thank you for this site. It is very thoughtful and enlightening with much for me to read, and obviously the product of a lot of work.

I came here after being linked to the Youtube "Syria: What is really going on" video. I wanted to thank you for that too especially; it is very well made. Especially for someone new like me; there is a lot here to take in and digest.

I doubt I will post much at first, but I will probably be lurking a lot so I can read all this stuff and digest it. There is a lot of quality info here. I link to here when I can.

Thanks again and have a great day.

:3

R4F1
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by R4F1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:14 pm

fudd wrote:I am new. I hope it is ok to post this here.

I just wanted to thank you for this site. It is very thoughtful and enlightening with much for me to read, and obviously the product of a lot of work.

I came here after being linked to the Youtube "Syria: What is really going on" video. I wanted to thank you for that too especially; it is very well made. Especially for someone new like me; there is a lot here to take in and digest.

I doubt I will post much at first, but I will probably be lurking a lot so I can read all this stuff and digest it. There is a lot of quality info here. I link to here when I can.

Thanks again and have a great day.

:3

You should follow the admin's youtube channel primarily:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rys2sense/videos" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other good channels include CorbettReport, WeAreChange, StormCloudsGathering, etc.

fudd
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by fudd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:20 pm

R4F1 wrote:
You should follow the admin's youtube channel...{ & others ↑ }
Ty, R4F1. I will look at them.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:15 am

Hey thanks for breaking the lurking. I was wondering if new people could sign up because it seems like there are some problems recently.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:17 am

fudd
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by fudd » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 am

Ry wrote:... if new people could sign up...
I experienced an issue with the anti-spam question during registration.

It seemed to accept the answer 'superman' but not 'Superman', which was confusing.

R4F1
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by R4F1 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm

fudd wrote:
Ry wrote:... if new people could sign up...
I experienced an issue with the anti-spam question during registration.

It seemed to accept the answer 'superman' but not 'Superman', which was confusing.
Same issue here. Its capslock sensitive. Also, even after registering. It took you a month just to activate my account.

Furthermore tbh, you need to change the forum a lil but. Instead of having 2 categories, divided into 20 different sub-forums. Why not merge a bunch of 'em, and have just a few subs. That way people can actually go into and read/post what they want, instead of contemplating for 5min where to go, or spend 15min switching from one sub to the next to see what's up?

- My suggestion, merge China and Japan into a single sub.
- Merge Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Syria and whole middle-east into a single sub.
- Rename the "The Other Americas" to 'Latin America'.
- Merge "MISC / Music" and "Music 音楽" into one.
- Change "UK" to "UK and EU".
- Merge "Ry's rants" and "Ry thinks these are stupid" into one sub.

PlutoCharon
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by PlutoCharon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 pm

Ry wrote:Image
Do actual resistance and freedom fighters wear full-face covering masks? I noticed when, for example, the media runs pictures from Hezbollah, they usually have their faces covered. But if you do an image search for Hezbollah, they wear berets and look like soldiers. I read somewhere about the occupy protests how agent provocateurs wearing face masks were the ones who would instigate problems with police. People who cover their faces to hide their identity. Who would want to hide their identity? I guess there are some reasons..

Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong angle. It really seems that the news media and the US government response is insulting our intelligence. It's always the same story, the same tactics. They're stuck in their ways. "Terrorist attacks" during drills simulating the very same or similar attack. Irrational justification to intervene using the military. Made up evidence (apparently Kerry's 'evidence' was provided by an Israeli 'spy' so you know that's trustworthy......) and outrageous claims. The media always tries to play on peoples emotions, even CNN did it the other day with a headline saying something like "Horrible video that we must show you" which shows people foaming at the mouth and non-protected people walking around after supposedly these people were gassed. They're playing on people's ignorance and maybe this has worked in the past but it just isn't working. It's not just because people can see through the bullshit, but average Americans don't care. My racist uncle-in-law believes the gas thing was real and just doesn't care. "Let them kill each other, it's not of our concern" he says.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:56 am

im making a whole new site soon

Salsasas
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Salsasas » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:53 pm

Ry wrote:Iraq, rich in oil on the one hand and internally torn on the other, is guaranteed as a candidate for Israel's targets. Its dissolution is even more important for us than that of Syria. Iraq is stronger than Syria. In the short run it is Iraqi power which constitutes the greatest threat to Israel. An Iraqi-Iranian war will tear Iraq apart and cause its downfall at home even before it is able to organize a struggle on a wide front against us. Every kind of inter-Arab confrontation will assist us in the short run and will shorten the way to the more important aim of breaking up Iraq into denominations as in Syria and in Lebanon. In Iraq, a division into provinces along ethnic/religious lines as in Syria during Ottoman times is possible. So, three (or more) states will exist around the three major cities: Basra, Baghdad and Mosul, and Shi'ite areas in the south will separate from the Sunni and Kurdish north. It is possible that the present Iranian-Iraqi confrontation will deepen this polarization.15 thats from 1982

http://www.ancreport.com/forum/v ... 114&t=9538&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also interesting:
The Western front, which on the surface appears more problematic, is in fact less complicated than the Eastern front, in which most of the events that make the headlines have been taking place recently. Lebanon's total dissolution into five provinces serves as a precedent for the entire Arab world including Egypt, Syria, Iraq and the Arabian peninsula and is already following that track. The dissolution of Syria and Iraq later on into ethnically or religiously unique areas such as in Lebanon, is Israel's primary target on the Eastern front in the long run, while the dissolution of the military power of those states serves as the primary short term target. Syria will fall apart, in accordance with its ethnic and religious structure, into several states such as in present day Lebanon, so that there will be a Shi'ite Alawi state along its coast, a Sunni state in the Aleppo area, another Sunni state in Damascus hostile to its northern neighbor, and the Druzes who will set up a state, maybe even in our Golan, and certainly in the Hauran and in northern Jordan. This state of affairs will be the guarantee for peace and security in the area in the long run, and that aim is already within our reach today.14

Things are going as planned.
UN Deputy Secretary General discusses daily civil war in Syria with Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon. Jan Eliasson describes the conflict as one of the most complicated he worked with.

- For every month that this conflict has gone, it has become more violent and more difficult to solve. For example, during this conflict once religious, sectarian and ethnic factors played a role inside the country. Many Syrians are not talking anymore about themselves as Syrian but as Alawites, Sunnis, Christians, Druze and Kurds, he says in Echo Saturday interview.

http://translate.google.se/translate?sl ... s-rykte%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Balkanization process initiated.