Israel is NOT our friend in the middle east

Post by Ry » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:52 am

Get The Empire Unmasked here

PlutoCharon
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Re: Israel is NOT our friend in the middle east

Post by PlutoCharon » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:08 pm

It's tough to find good info about the US relationship with the Middle East prior to Israel, but I've been reading a bit about it here and there. Apparently the US had a relatively good relationship with the Ottoman Empire until WWI. Part of the following out had something to do with "missionaries" stirring up nationalist sentiment among non-Muslims. I'm guessing this was part of a greater agenda related to Turkey's later secularization.

It's true though, it isn't until Israel exists that the US begins to have "enemies" in the ME. In terms of ME regimes, Saudi Arabia is more of a "friend" to the US than Israel. That's probably because the US put the Sauds in control and they are sort of like a US vassal (emphasis on sort of) in exchange for oil access. The people who live under Saudi rule have a good reason not to care for US meddling and imperialism though.

The political rhetoric about Israel being the US' best bud in the ME doesn't stand up to facts either. For example, from a military perspective Israel is of no worth to the US. They've never fought alongside Israeli soldiers in combat (while they have among other ME nations) and they fly their combat wounded to Germany (I think). If Israel was really a friend of the US with some of the best doctors (and whatever else claims they always boast of) then why not fly them into Israel? It's closer.