Workers Taking the Most Sick Days

Current events, politics, and more.
Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Workers Taking the Most Sick Days

Post by Phys » Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sick days are estimated to cost the U.S. economy $84 billion each year. According to the latest data released in a joint study by Gallup and Healthways, some professions miss substantially more time each month due to sickness than others.
Read more here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/workers-t ... tml?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trelelnd
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Re: Workers Taking the Most Sick Days

Post by trelelnd » Mon May 13, 2013 10:44 am

Phys wrote:
Sick days are estimated to cost the U.S. economy $84 billion each year. According to the latest data released in a joint study by Gallup and Healthways, some professions miss substantially more time each month due to sickness than others.
Read more here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/workers-t ... tml?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would be more interesting if they separated the jobs by private sector or govt workers.

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 am

What are you wanting to see? There are study's on such topics.
Business owner would no doubt be private sector.
I would like to see govt state vs govt federal.

Ed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Ed » Tue May 14, 2013 10:05 am

Happy days if you're a teacher like me haha :D
our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Tim
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Tim » Tue May 14, 2013 10:47 am

They give us a certain amount of sick days per year that you can take but the company I work for still bitches and moans if you call in sick and use one. :roll:

I've only taken two this year so far.

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Tue May 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Ed wrote:Happy days if you're a teacher like me haha :D

Well that's great. According to the report which seems to fit most I know. I have a "higher rates of high cholesterol, high blood pressure and cancer compared to most other professions." I think it's due to pressure and stress. Many people think that having your own business you are more free. You are freer to an extent, but you also have the pressure/stress of being sucessful as so many depend on you ie employees, customers. Its great when the money rolls in but then you worry about taxes and documentation.

Vodka and I used to be great friends, but I dont drink anymore. I still keep like 5 vodka flavors around.