Sam Harris and atheist 'intellectuals'

Current events, politics, and more.
Ed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Sam Harris and atheist 'intellectuals'

Post by Ed » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:20 am

This Sam Harris guy seems to be a complete neocon prick.

I don't care if people criticise Islam or any religion for that matter. But it really makes me feel annoyed when I hear about atheists such as Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens (now deceased), who are/were using their own success and recognition as outspoken atheist 'intellectuals' in order to justify their their own neoconservative-like political beliefs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... lim-animus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sam Harris in 2005: "I am one of the few people I know of who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror."

Sam Harris in 2012: "We should profile Muslims, or anyone who looks like he or she could conceivably be Muslim, and we should be honest about it."

Sam Harris in 2005: "In our dealings with the Muslim world, we must acknowledge that Muslims have not found anything of substance to say against the actions of the September 11 hijackers, apart from the ubiquitous canard that they were really Jews." (Harris' own ugly canard would come as news to CAIR, the leading Muslim advocacy group, as well as most of the world's Muslims).
our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

haarp
Protesting War
Protesting War

Re: Sam Harris and atheist 'intellectuals'

Post by haarp » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 am

Yeah it's quite irritating, same with Richard Dawkins who slips in some Marxism from time to time (most of his generation were indoctrinated with Marxism).

Watching Christopher Hitchens make up excuses to invade Iraq he makes some good moral reasons but these aren't the reasons being promoted by the Zionist regime, makes me wonder if he's totally oblivious to this or he's decided to pick a lesser of two evils. He says his friend Wolfowitz has donated money to the Palestinians so therefore he isn't biased towards Zionism.
We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force…. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 am

Get The Empire Unmasked here

Tim
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Tim » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Sam Harris is a cunt.