I called myself a liberal but this survey says I'm a

Current events, politics, and more.
33breeze
Protesting War
Protesting War

I called myself a liberal but this survey says I'm a

Post by 33breeze » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:07 am

http://www.nolanchart.com/survey.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I called myself a liberal, but this survey says I'm a libertarian. My star is to the left of the libertarian section.

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Re: I called myself a liberal but this survey says I'm a

Post by Phys » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 am

:o :lol:

for myself:
Your answers suggest that you are a centrist. The yellow star shows generally where you fall within the centrist region of the Nolan Chart.
It had me in the middle and close to the corner of liberal and statist.

33breeze
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by 33breeze » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Phys wrote::o :lol:

for myself:
Your answers suggest that you are a centrist. The yellow star shows generally where you fall within the centrist region of the Nolan Chart.
Sounds like you're surprised. I wonder where the other regulars of this forum fall.

Halfcrazedhoser
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Halfcrazedhoser » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 pm

In my case, it appears I am a Libertarian extremist...
Just remember, I'm crazy, not stupid

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

"Institutions will try to preserve the problem to which they are the solution." - Shirky Principle

PlutoCharon
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by PlutoCharon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm

*Technically* liberalism is a centrist political philosophy. In the Western world today though, it might as well be Marxism. Western liberal politicians are like the same as Lenin and other Bolsheviks as they are incapable of acknowledging any opinions that conflict with their own. The media is mostly the same way since the media is mostly liberal. The neocons were the same way, the neocons were always Marxist-leaning and often labeled as Trotskyites (which I didn't personally know until recently). This is probably why neocons and their puppets are introducing "liberal" ideas into the US Republican platform. Even though the GOP is a joke, I have a feeling that it was infiltrated by Marxists before Reagan was president in an attempt to discredit and destroy it. Meanwhile the democratic "liberals" were propped up by the media as if they walked a moral high ground. They don't, by the way. And when people say both parties are the same they aren't far from the truth as you guys here already know. Whether you liked it or not, traditional "American" values as represented by American conservatives have been subverted and usurped by alien outsiders with a Marxist agenda in order to demonize them in favor of a so-called "altruistic" alternative - liberalism® (Liberalism is a registered trademark of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Inc, CEO B. Obama). This has been their goal all along and part of me is happy that there are some places the liberals won't be able to go such as gun control. Not without a fight anyways, not without shredding the constitution.

A libertarian though is a true liberal. A real liberal by definition, not the Marxist variety which is represented by the dumbocrats. Liberal is now a cursed word and I think many people who unknowingly consider themselves as such have no idea they've been taken for a ride and ironically would be more conservative-leaning. Which is where libertarians come in, IMO anyways. The democratic party in the US is far-left which is no better or worse than the far-right. Both are extremists and both exclude a large portion of the other half. The middle ground appeases both mindsets and both sides except politically there are hardly any politicians there. If you tread real centrist waters, you risk being smeared as a Nazi which could kill your career. I'm keeping my eye on Rand Paul and so far I like what I see. I don't have (hardly) any faith left in these professional liars, but without giving up entirely (which would probably result in discarding our constitution which I wouln't want) I have to have a small degree of faith that some people are trying to fight the good fight and play the game. And I could be very wrong about that, but I'm only human...

Sleight of Mind
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by Sleight of Mind » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Libertarian...
"I would like to apologize to the entire class for being so late to reality."

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:38 am

33breeze wrote:
Phys wrote::o :lol:

for myself:
Sounds like you're surprised. I wonder where the other regulars of this forum fall.
Im just surprised it said I was a centrist. I define myself as libertarian marxist. I guess I have moved some on the continuum or the survey is flawed.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:26 am

Libertarian far top middle
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Kyle
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by Kyle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm wedged in the apex of the libertarian part. Any further, and I would be outside.