Wear a wristband to remind yourself of your white privilege

Current events, politics, and more.
33breeze
Protesting War
Protesting War

Re: Wear a wristband to remind yourself of your white privil

Post by 33breeze » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Naava wrote:
33breeze wrote:Well the employment statistics don't really mention the race of the people hiring but wouldn't you assume it would be similar to the demographics of the U.S. population?
Sorry I don't appreciate such important details being left out. :? Another thing which they don't say is the number of individuals studied.
33breeze wrote:I've been stopped numerous times.
Have the officers been white on all occasions when you've been stopped? Were you able to engage them in a conversation and ask why you were being singled out?

Maybe another study can be done with more information. Yes they were on all occasions, I asked and here were some of their reasons:
1) oh, wrong car
2) at night time, in the rain, an officer coming from behind stopped me, and said he thought I didn't have my seatbelt on
3)there have been burglaries in the area

33breeze
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by 33breeze » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Ry wrote:I got stopped by cops like every time I went outside when I was a kid. They do not give a fuck what color you are all they care about it that you are a teenager. I remember my parents getting on my case because I would just sit at home on Friday night. I said I don't want to go into the city because I get harassed by police every time I go. They didn't believe me, so I went out with my cousin who was a college football player at UVA. I think they asked him to take me out to socialize. Well we got separated for like a minute and two police stopped me and wanted to search my truck even though I did not even come in a truck but a car and I wasn't even driving. I told them basically no to everything that they had so reason to even question me because I wasn't breaking the law. Anyway I was taken to the station because I would not let them search me. My parents had to stick it because within just hours of being outside I had the police trying to arrest me. And yes the majority of the cops are white. If you don't live in America then you probably don't know what a multicultural society is. Being a minority is like a badge. The reason more black people are arrested is because more black people are committing crimes. There is nothing racist about it, that's just a fact. The reason more black people go to jail is because more black people are poor and poor people who cannot get fancy lawyers/liars and pay the court/state enough money, go to jail, where once in jail other people pay the state money through taxes to keep them there.

I had my house robbed twice both times by white people. Was assaulted once by a black guy. All other crimes I learned not to report to the police because they don't do anything. Black guy got 3 days in jail the white kids got a month each for stealing and they were kids and he was an adult who assaulted a kid and he had a prior record and they didn't. It's much better to just seek your own justice. The other few dozen assaults I witnesses were always being done by the police usually to some drunk youth and normally about 5 on 1.
I admit the police have a problem with young people, but have you heard of about the stop and frisk statistics in nyc?
http://www.nyclu.org/node/1598" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and check this article out:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-jones ... html#note5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree with you to a degree about poverty and crime having a correlation, and I believe the poverty statistics have a bigger percentage of minorities in it than whites. I disagree about more black people committing crimes. A conviction doesn't necessarily mean that person has committed a crime. I had a family member convicted of rape who went to jail for 17 years before he was exonerated due to police witness tampering, and dna evidence. His story was in his town's newspaper. I had another family member indicted for rape, until they caught the real rapist. He couldn't afford bail before he was acquitted so he lost some of his freedom. I had another family member who was convicted of stealing a car, I believe him, and he never got justice for the time he spent in prison for that. There are a number of cases where innocent guys went to jail. Now you could say yes 33, the people you knew were innocent, but nevertheless the original criminal was black. I'm going to look up the statistics. And it's not me having a chip on my shoulder, or only seeing things one way because of what demographic I fall under. Badge of honor? As an adult, I've yet to be able to point out any benefit I've received because of my race. I got into college by my own merit. I didn't get any minority scholarship money. I got loans and pell grants. I've got my jobs without affirmative action. What annoys me when some people refuse to acknowledge racism against minorities, and then in the same breath want to saw they were an affirmative action case. Not that I'm accusing anyone here of that. I can be sensitive to other people's position, but I have to say something about denying the existence of discrimination, and trying to make it seem like minorities have it good. For every minority that is living off of the government, there are many that are doing for themselves. This country is not easy on black people or really another minorities. There are a lot of people with firsthand knowledge about that. I am not denying any unfair treatment to whites either.

Tim
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Tim » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Naava wrote: Non whites turning down other non whites are somewhere in there as well, and the fact that they haven't put out the numbers makes fair interpreting of the whole thing problematic. If a jew or a latino refuses to hire a black guy where is the racist privileged white person in the picture?[/color]
Jews aren't a race but I never said there was a racist privilege in the hiring process. Thank you for clarifying though. 8)

Tim
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Tim » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Naava wrote:
Ry wrote:lol no not even remotely close to America's level
Meh, Paris becoming damn near Chicago :p
Paris has tons of Muslim immigrants but nowhere near the gun violence Chicago has..

Naava
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.

Post by Naava » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Tim wrote:Jews aren't a race but I never said there was a racist privilege in the hiring process. Thank you for clarifying though. 8)
Point is they are considered to be a separate ethnicity from the whitest of caucasians (= all european anchestry) and most jews (escpecially the ones who are aware that they are "whole jews" that is to say both parents and extended family are all jewish) would tell you if you asked them "As a white person what do you think of [insert subject]?" --> "I'm actually jewish but [goes on to answer the question]". If this survey had been made using street polls you know they would've approached the jewish looking people thinking "let's get this jewish person's opinion". And so the jews who think of themselves different from whites are in there in a category of their own in the ethnic groups of people hiring even if it doesn't show. You see, science doesn't matter where the sides have decided that it doesn't. Based on appearance I would say jews who do their best to follow their own rules of breeding are east caucasoids with an emphasis on turkish leanings.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 am

America doesn't have a majority. In many Southern States African Americans are the majority and yet are still treated with a minority's privileges by the state. This is what fuels racism, not the ideology over skin color but the special favoritism by the state, which is really just certifying the status of inferior by do it. Things like affirmative action really don't even apply for the majority of jobs out there, but not everyone knows that. However that it is there at all essentially solidifies a just reason for the racist to maintain their racist beliefs. How are you going to put everyone of a certain group collectively at a disadvantage because some small minority of them might act racist? Is that not itself racist? Does that not just exacerbate the current racism while created a new one?

In Europe the same thing, the hatred towards Muslims I would say has as much or more to do with the sucking dry of the welfare system (regardless of what they looked like) as it does their religious beliefs. And to the leeches its "owed" to them because of some collective historical colonialism. If Everyone was hard working and spoke the native language and contributed to the society in positive way there would not be such a backlash. Look at Asians in the United State, the prejudice if anything is positive. They are more of a minority than other minority groups yet they are not filling up jails, or met with resentment by others even when they probably have the largest language barrier to get over, because as cultures they have a work ethic and a non-entitlement personality. The clash is between cultures not race, race is just a quick collective way to identify it for the ape-brained base who can not articulate really what it is they actually dislike so much.

As for cops framing someone for rape, that's color blind. Cops also deal most of the illegal drugs in large cities too. Cops are another gang in blue. But minorities actually ARE committing more crimes. That's just an easily verifiable obvious observation one can have confident in just by the virtue of having lived in the US and having walked outside. There are people who were born in the US, whose parents were also born in the US who cannot even speak English and they don't know of any other languages either. Just the concept of conjugating verbs is too much to handle. But acting ignorant, no being ignorant, is "keeping it real." These people end up in jail because they often feel entitled to go steal shit. They get caught because, well because they are basically retarded, only not genetically so, but because of their own laziness. Every group has morons like this, the difference is the "minority" groups blame it on 'racism' where as the white trash just embraces its own dumb as a bucket status by trying to off set it with other qualities like hey at least we are hospitable, honest, etc. And only sometimes is that even true.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Karl Rove
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Karl Rove » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:19 am

Ry wrote:Naava people of any color go out of their way to hire minorities and females.
I don't really believe this. My opinion is based on personal experience as well as a study some student's did at my college. The study was a native american person submitting the same resume as a white person, and the white person was given many more opportunities to get hired than the native. My personal experience also says that most business owners percieve white people to be harder working and more trustworthy- it should be noted I'm from Oklahoma.

I definitely don't condone making white people feel guilty for something they have no control over, but I also think it's naive to think that white people also don't have it easier in many ways. It's simply a part of our culture- even Louis CK has a joke about how awesome it is to be white, and it's hilarious. People laugh because we recognize the truth in the matter. That also reminds me of the bit in Chappelle's Show about the difference between being white and black while being pulled over by a cop. Again, part of the humor is that we recognize some truth in it. In a place where a majority of crime is committed by a person of a certain skin color, it's not far fetched to think that police will look at that color more carefully.

We don't have to condone this "white guilt" shit, but let's also not throw out the baby with the bath water and stay realistic as to the realities of the situation.

Karl Rove
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Karl Rove » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:25 am

It's a good point above about culture. I don't believe minorities have a harder time getting hired because the business doesn't like the way their skin looks, but because, as we stated before, minorities simply commit more crime and the business associates the person applying to that culture of crime. So, in a way, I guess it's not racism as much as one part of the "minority culture" perverting the rest.

Naava

Post by Naava » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 am

Karl Rove wrote:I also think it's naive to think that white people also don't have it easier in many ways. It's simply a part of our culture- even Louis CK has a joke about how awesome it is to be white, and it's hilarious. People laugh because we recognize the truth in the matter. That also reminds me of the bit in Chappelle's Show about the difference between being white and black while being pulled over by a cop. Again, part of the humor is that we recognize some truth in it. In a place where a majority of crime is committed by a person of a certain skin color, it's not far fetched to think that police will look at that color more carefully.

We don't have to condone this "white guilt" shit, but let's also not throw out the baby with the bath water and stay realistic as to the realities of the situation.
Weird, I can't think of a single thing whites have easier time with in America or anywhere in the world except for getting less trouble from police in some areas which is, as mentioned before unavoidable consequence of higher crime commited by minorities. Your problem in the US reminds me about the concern many shopkeepers in my country feel whenever a romani woman enters their shop dressed in a national costume. Everyone realises not all romanis are thieves but unfortunately a shitload of them are because their community permits and encourages it and as a result some smaller entrepreneurs get so frustrated they put up signs on their shop windows and doors "No persons in national costumes allowed inside".

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 am

Blacks and Mexicans are no doubt targeted by police. Esp in AZ and TX both states I have lived in for many years. As for hiring blacks and females first not in my business. First of all, there are zero blacks in the HVAC business or at least ones that apply with us. And women, zero, null, none... White farm guys and mexicans are hardworkers but most are dumb as stump and cant read a schematic. Yes, hiring is a problem in my business.

Dave Chappelle - Sketch Artists (uncensored)
http://youtu.be/IryflAS6mpY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;