I hate the phrase "arab spring"

Current events, politics, and more.
Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

I hate the phrase "arab spring"

Post by Ry » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:30 pm

I hate the term Arab Spring. It's so dismissive of the specific causes for separate events. Its like saying oh its just part of the season so everyone is going ape shit. And yet you hear it all the time. It goes really deep. It's like the term grassy knoll. You will hear that one all the time in JFK research it is said like it is second nature. But who says that? Knoll? Even "grassy" with the y is not very common, not in 1960s lingo nor today's. Why not the "fence on a the hill" or any other phrase? It has to be grassy knoll. I swear its like they are testing their propaganda. Oh look they are all saying "too big to fail" they're all saying "smoking gun," "Arab Spring" as if it it were a way to monitor how deep the propaganda penetrated. How do these odd catch phrases become catch phrases? The uniformity of it all bothers me.

To equate what has happened in Egypt to what is happening in Syria or what happened in Libya as if they were ALL organic revolutions is pure foolishness and willful ignorance, yet brilliant propaganda. In Bahrain, Tunisia, Egypt you have different legitimate revolutions all of which the US does not support. The state killing civilians is a non-issue in those places. In Egypt however the revolution succeeded and old dictator was removed and over a long process a new government is now in place. How much better or worse this will be than the last rein has yet to be seen. But these popular uprisings with millions marching in the streets cannot be compared to the NATO backed invasions of Libya and Syria as if they were synonymous under the guise of "Arab Spring." Libya was directly related to the Egypt in that the post Mubarak Egypt the Suez was open to Iranian ships to go North it was also open for ships to go South meaning Libya could ship its oil to Asia. That is what happened to, Gaddafi, he contracted to sell oil to China and reneged on European contracts. He was taken out, sodomized by a knife and shot in the head. After NATO made its mess, the rebuilding of Libya and concern for the aftermath was left to the wind. That's because it was never about freedom or humanitarian justice. The phrase "humanitarian war" has got to be one of the worst oxymorons ever and one of the dumbest canards piped by the administration, second in stupidity only to "kinetic military action" as a replacement for acts of war. Can you have kinetic inaction? It's redundant.

Yemen is another one that gets lumped into "Arab Spring" and this is very different from everything mentioned above. In Yemen we have a civil war with the North West backed by Saudi factions as well as US drone attackes. But this did not just randomly fester out of an Arab Spring. The People's Democratic Republic on Yemen (south east Yemen) and the Yemen Arab Republic (north west) was only recently united in 1990 and had a civil war as soon as 1994, the North with outside assistance prevailed, but by 2007 the South Yemen secession movement was under full swing and enjoyed a clear majority of public support. The causes for the tension had nothing to do with the Arabness or with Islam. This is the new orientalization of western goggles. The cause of tension in South Yemen was similar to in the Sudan, it's about resources. The South has the majority of the oil the proceeds of which however are almost exclusively spent on the North. Classic regional scapegoating. But in the West as was the case of 20th century India, everything is seen through the goggles of religion and no other explanations for motives can be entertained. They are just 'crazy' of course and that's the end of it. It's dismissive and it is childish.

Yet the most extreme religious factions, those that maybe could be deemed 'crazy,' always enjoy US support from Afghanistan to Kosovo to Libya the US backs the most extremest fundamentalist imaginable. Then there is the US support for terrorist groups on MEK, Jundallah, and even the Taliban and the creation of "al Qaeda" and Salafi jihadist groups currently supported in Syria by NATO and their lackeys. For all the talk of democracy and humanitarians the US still backs dictatorships, in Yemen al-Hadi the president was elected in Feb on 2012 because he was the only name on the ballot! Saudi Arabia is still run by despot monarchs and in Israel the Likud ultra zionist fascist racial apartheid state has more support from America than anyone.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Karl Rove
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Re: I hate the phrase "arab spring"

Post by Karl Rove » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Good post. I like the catch phrase thing, never really thought about it. I probably say grassy knoll too. I don't even know what a fucking knoll is.

I would assume there are some Frank Cuntz characters that come up with something catchy. Or it pops up organically and they run with it. I think we like catch phrases though. They feed us something easy to say, comprehend and repeat and we ask for more. A feedback loop, like shitty mainstream music.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Hitlers top propagandist said it well to only give the masses a slogan and repeat it over and over. That does not mean one person says it over and over. It means you have all arms of your media include the phrase so that it appears to be what 'everybody' is thinking and someting so obvious to everyone that they all thought it up independently that you would be a tool if you disagreed with them.

Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Post by Bender » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Call them weaselwords or buzzwords. I hate all of them. This "arab spring" is completely designed to give you the warm fuzzies. Thinking about it should give a good feeling, that supporting it is a good thing no matter what. And yes, monitoring it to see if it still gets people into a "slide". When this slide wears of, they invent a new one. One of the worst and most effective slide is the word "anti-semite". It effects you and also bystanders (hearing that word). Its like all the fucking bystanders turn into fucking manchurian candidates throwing their bodies in front of large objects just to show 1) they are not anti-semites 2) they save jews too. Crazy but true.
This one you will remember; sadam hussein was found in a..? "spider-hole". Remember that one? Now you tell me what you think about or feel when you hear the word "spider-hole". It should give you the creeps, feelings of danger, uneasiness. But guess what, spiders aren't universally hated (at all). So after a few months it fizzled.

Ry. Wasn't there a topic on weaselwords? Not only weaselwords but entire phrases too? I'll look for it.

EDIT:Searched, found nothing, guess there wasn't such a topic.
Check your slides

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 pm

I wrote one before but i never said "wealsewords"

Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Post by Bender » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Then that's why I couldn't find it. I found two posts using that word. Both were mine.
Check your slides

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:59 am

bump

Eazy
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Eazy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah it does give that effect of warm fuzzy sort of spring feeling when you hear it i guess. Camels trying to hump your leg or ride your back whilst spitting all over you and flapping their tails in the middle east can imagine that would be that good really.
I suppose it means the next Israeli / Saudi missile attack plan is about to (spring) into action. As you say Ry its mentioned often enough perhaps it code?
I personally care nothing for it, I guess they do have spring over there but it seems the media will spend time talking about that instead of millions of other more important truths over there and it must be a flaunt of power from Israel just showing the middle east who controls the media. That's what i really think it is all jokes aside. So its mind bending as you suggest.
They are sick people Just like Vittorio says here.
So i looked further into it and it seems to me that the term Arab Spring means the spread of democracy through out the middle east so its interesting that they just don't be forth coming with it real meaning in the world as everyone is waking up to Democracy and calling for Republic. It all seems to stem back to the revolution in Tunisia the smallest country in north Africa and Mohamed Bouazizi The man who set himself on fire after getting a slap across the face from a woman who wanted to take his scales he weighed oranges with that he sold for a living.
I don't really know anything about this part of history in the middle east as its full time mission keeping up with whats going on on a daily basis over there. I will look it up and learn it though. I think you video explains the truth of it all. Cheers for the prompt in this direction.
It may seem that Israel has used Mohamed Bouazizi's personal effort as a tool to push their own agenda.
I'll stop here as i haven't really done enough research on it. A video directly below.

Seems Like Zionist Spring Cleaning or Ethnic cleansing

I you tubed Arab Spring and found this

Then i found yours along side of it.

When Injustice becomes Law Resistance becomes Duty.

Give more than you get and you will get more than you need.
This works both ways for good and bad.

Xed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Xed » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm

I hate the phrase "arab spring" too.
When false religion is established, when all avenues of protest are closed, when potential revolutionaries are bribed, coopted or killed, then Hussein's model teaches man to be a martyr, and by his death witness to the truth and shake the evil empire:

"It is an invitation to all ages and generations that if you cannot kill, die".

- Ali Shariati

Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Post by Bender » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:50 am

How about the new buzzword "islamist". wtf.
Check your slides