Military road blocks being set up in California

Current events, politics, and more.
Niccolai
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Military road blocks being set up in California

Post by Niccolai » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm

http://www.dailypaul.com/76517/californ ... t-agencies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

California: U.S. Marines to Staff Vehicle Checkpoint Along with Law Enforcement Agencies
Submitted by Cyric30 on Thu, 12/18/2008 - 10:20
in
Daily Paul Liberty Forum
votes
So it Comes not in great leaps, but in small bounds.

Source: http://www.duiblog.com/2008/12/16/here- ... ds-contd-m.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Snip:

The U.S. Marines have landed…and are apparently manning "sobriety checkpoints" in San Bernardino County in California. Yes, Marines. Yes, civilian DUI roadblocks.

From an official December 10th California Highway Patrol public relations release:

---

CHP to Conduct Sobriety/Driver’s License Checkpoint

The Morongo office of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in conjunction with the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department and the USMC military police will conduct a joint sobriety/driver license checkpoint on Friday, December 12, 2008, somewhere in the unincorporated/incorporated area of San Bernardino County.

---

As an American citizen, not to mention a former Marine, I find this troubling — particularly in view of the clear wording of the Posse Comitatus act of 1878, described in Wikipedia:

---

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (the Army, Air Force and State national Guard forces (when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) in the former Confederate states.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act.

---

A follow-up call to a Marine Corps public affairs sergeant resulted in assurances that the Marines would be there "as observers". Hmmmm…..military observers. Isn’t that how it all starts?
Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Niccolai
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Re: Military road blocks being set up in California

Post by Niccolai » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:07 pm

If anyone could validate this info I'd appreciate it. I'm reading it all over the internet, but haven't seen it for my own eyes.
Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

bruno718
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by bruno718 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:03 pm

http://www.infowars.com/marines-establi ... nia-roads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mokesnapcentral.blogspot.com

bruno718
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by bruno718 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:05 pm

http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/images/chp01.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bruno718
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by bruno718 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:07 pm

http://bbvm.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/do ... no-county/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Ha! They took the youtube account down that had the video on it. Fuck it's really happening hey?

Seems to me shit is ramping up.

Or not - it was from 2008

bruno718
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by bruno718 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 pm

they are censoring shit left and right. we've reached the tipping point and now they are fighting back. that shit where everyone applauded gingrich for cheating on his wife with a standing ovation - that was staged. has to be. they have changed strategies and are going with gingrich it seems, because he's just a little bit smarter than the average person.

rory5
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by rory5 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 pm

One comment on the article nailed it. This is a money-making scam. The fees for DUI are exorbitant, and our clueless gov. Schwarzenpecker put tons of money into it for this reason. They'll pick any reason to pull you over if you are driving late at night on a weekend, I was pulled over for my license plate light burned out. The rise of the praetorian class parallels the annihilation of the middle class. Exactly what happened in Rome just before the fall.

Having said that you gotta be stupid to drive with a buzz on. Just get a designated driver or take a bus, taxi or walk it off. It is however killing a lot of good local bars, and it hurts live music and local bands. What we need is good public transportation that runs until at least 1 am. Other countries have it, but that would eat into profits. Don't provide a solution that might help the real economy, just rob from the working classes.
Rory5

bruno718
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by bruno718 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:36 pm

if drinking and driving is wrong, how do bars exist? my rule is, if i can't walk straight, i can't drive straight.

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

bruno718 wrote:if drinking and driving is wrong, how do bars exist? my rule is, if i can't walk straight, i can't drive straight.
Back in the day, and I do mean back in my day, if we couldn't walk straight we drove. True story.
rory5 wrote:One comment on the article nailed it. This is a money-making scam. The fees for DUI are exorbitant, and our clueless gov. Schwarzenpecker put tons of money into it for this reason. They'll pick any reason to pull you over if you are driving late at night on a weekend, I was pulled over for my license plate light burned out. The rise of the praetorian class parallels the annihilation of the middle class. Exactly what happened in Rome just before the fall.

Having said that you gotta be stupid to drive with a buzz on. Just get a designated driver or take a bus, taxi or walk it off. It is however killing a lot of good local bars, and it hurts live music and local bands. What we need is good public transportation that runs until at least 1 am. Other countries have it, but that would eat into profits. Don't provide a solution that might help the real economy, just rob from the working classes.
This is a money making scam. We have zero tolerance in BC. A client of mine had two beer. Blew over. He pays the tow charge, the impound charge for three months, then he pays to get the equipment installed to blow before he can drive for the next 9 months and he pays a monthly fee to rent that same equipment. It would be interesting to see who makes the equipment because obviously they are in cahoots with this drinking and driving program.

Where I live, a while back, not now of course, the local pub had a fireplace. The drunkards would start a huge chimney fire in the fireplace and the three cops on the island would rush to the pub and everyone else would rush to their cars and home! THAT doesn't happen anymore. That pub closed due to the 5 pm scene shutting down and the other local bars are suffering. Not only that but because you can't drink and drive and we have no late night local transit the music scene is dying. And Randy Bachman and Valdy and several others live here and we used to have a HUGE music scene.

Our communities are dying. They want us at home watching television.