Apricot wrote:And if he was, hopefully he liked what he saw. ;D
I'm certain he liked your ... belt

Apricot
♥♥♥♥♥

Re: The Twelve Days of Facism

Post by Apricot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:45 am

hahahaaaa! ;p
"Be not defeated by the rain" - Kenji Miyazawa

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

"Listen to your heart. Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you'll find your treasure." - Paulo Coelho

dicktater
Over the system
Over the system

Post by dicktater » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Apricot wrote:An fbi agent from the department of homeland security came to my door yesterday with some cooked up story about a neighbor three doors down he said lived there in 2008. He said he was following up, wanted to know if I had noticed anything unusual, police activity or anything.
fbi agent from the department of homeland security?

FBI is in the U.S. Department of Justice. DHS is its own department. So, how are you sure he is who he says? If you saw a badge and remember the name, verify with the local FBI office. He may be an impersonator.

CAVEAT EMPTOR:
You do not have to speak with federal agents. If arrested, you only have to provide basic, factual information about yourself and nothing more. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Jeez, they even tell you this in their Miranda warning. Even if you misspeak, you can be charged with lying to a federal official. My advice would be to politely decline their invitation to answer their questions, close the door, lock it, and be ready to dial 911.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬★ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N★▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Apricot
♥♥♥♥♥

Post by Apricot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:58 pm

His card says, United States Secret Service, Department of Homeland Security and he is Josh Parks, "Special Agent". I think he said he was an FBI agent when I first came to the door. He showed me his badge and I asked to see it again when he asked about the neighbor, honestly I mostly focused on the photo because it was dark, but it looked like him. I spoke with my neighbor across the street today and she said he also said he was with the FBI and he wasn't very descript about what he was trying to learn. I dunno.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

"Listen to your heart. Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you'll find your treasure." - Paulo Coelho

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Did it look like this? :wink:

That's such a great pic of you, Ry. :red:

dicktater
Over the system
Over the system

Post by dicktater » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Apricot wrote:His card says, United States Secret Service, Department of Homeland Security and he is Josh Parks, "Special Agent". I think he said he was an FBI agent when I first came to the door. He showed me his badge and I asked to see it again when he asked about the neighbor, honestly I mostly focused on the photo because it was dark, but it looked like him. I spoke with my neighbor across the street today and she said he also said he was with the FBI and he wasn't very descript about what he was trying to learn. I dunno.
The Secret Service is an agency within the Department of Homeland Security. The FBI is not. Why he would tell anyone he was with the FBI though carrying a Secret Service badge is very suspicious. Call the Secret Service and FBI. If there is an poser about, they should know and you and your neighbor should get your contact with him on the record. Hell, call the local police, too.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬★ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N★▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Apricot
♥♥♥♥♥

Post by Apricot » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 pm

He seemed to be (mostly) who he said he was. I had planned on following up on him today but I've just been too busy.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:57 pm

That's such a great pic of you, Ry.
Back when I had enough sleeep to not have circles under my eyes.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:07 pm

dicktater wrote: The Secret Service is an agency within the Department of Homeland Security. The FBI is not. Why he would tell anyone he was with the FBI though carrying a Secret Service badge is very suspicious. Call the Secret Service and FBI. If there is an poser about, they should know and you and your neighbor should get your contact with him on the record. Hell, call the local police, too.
This is a good idea. Do this first and then....
Apricot wrote:He seemed to be (mostly) who he said he was. I had planned on following up on him today but I've just been too busy.
And then do this :wink:

Maybe he didn't actually say FBI but when one hears secret service they assume FBI? I don't know. But definitely call the department and see what's up first. Let us know too!