What is it about Remembrance Day?????

Current events, politics, and more.
funk
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

What is it about Remembrance Day?????

Post by funk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Why even bother any more when it's obvious we haven't learned a damned thing.

I posted this same question on Facebook and ooooh boy do some people get touchy.

We don't have less war, we have more. More every year. So we're supposed to wear a red poppy to honor and respect those who fought for our freedoms. Fine, but that really only applies up to and including WWII. And those guys are all slowly dying off. So what will the ceremonies consist of in the near future... Gulf War I veterans?? Vietnam vets?

In WWII we banded together to knock out Hitler's machine, but with NATO today, we are basically the Nazis all over again (with no thanks to Israel).

I think the whole exercise with Remembrance Day is a charade.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Re: What is it about Remembrance Day?????

Post by Ry » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

Well one of my Grand Fathers is still alive and was was in WWII and the Korea War. So honor it. Also we're not agreeing with the wars we are thanking people for putting their life on the line with the intentions of betterment for America. Put it this way if they weren't there in the military at least then someone might be attacking us. But yeh form wwii to now has all been wars of choice and nothing to be proud of.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Illusion85
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by Illusion85 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 pm

honor the vets with good hearts who fought/living/died based on corruption for the country they loved

funk
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by funk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 pm

The Occupy Movement could morph into Daily Remembrance Day if the mob makes the connection between the banks and the war machine.

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:12 pm

I completely agree that we need to honour the soldiers that are fighting and have fought for the reasons that they are not even being told. It's sad to think all of those men and women are doing the bidding of our governments without true knowledge of why. They are earning a salary and supporting families. They have been told from an early age that it is a good thing to do to fight for theirs and others freedoms and their country. So they get older they're not sure what their options in life are and they join the military under false pretenses.

Honour them. They know not what they do. Or why they are doing it. But the work they do is hard and they choose to give their lives for that work. That is noble and deserves honouring.

My step father, dead now, being honoured today by me and my mother, dedicated his life to the military. To his dying day he lived and breathed the military. He never once knew the word false flag. So many don't. What we are doing on forums such as this and on facebook is creating awareness so that people can make their decisions based on true sets of circumstances not false flags.

Keep up the good work. And honour and appreciate those that do not know.

funk
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by funk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:25 pm

I would go to war against Israel.

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:32 pm

funk wrote:I would go to war against Israel.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And then we'd fondly remember you during Remembrance Day events like this!

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm

funk wrote:The Occupy Movement could morph into Daily Remembrance Day if the mob makes the connection between the banks and the war machine.
The Occupy movement, especially in Vancouver, is a friggin' rodeo. Just like that silly hockey thing earlier this year. Vancouver is showing what a shit show it is. Most expensive place to live in Canada and its nothing but a shit show. Yeah come and buy an overpriced tear down house and pay a carbon tax on your gasoline and partake of the shit show that is Vancouver!