Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Saudi king dead, oil up to $61/barrel

Post by brimofinsanity » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:58 am

brimofinsanity
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by brimofinsanity » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:00 am

so does it even matter that this guy died? did he really even have any power? what does everyone thinnk about this.....

mediasyko
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by mediasyko » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:11 am

I don't really see why his death would case an increase in the costs of oil per barrel. Just seems like a good excuse to raise prices. Maybe they need to raise more money for a big elaborate funeral. Not like Wal-mart raised their prices when Walt died.
The combined flaw with the Texas refinery, I can expect prices to sky rocket. The gov't needs money for something.......
The eyes of god are looking down, his tears -they flood the Earth. Reality's an awful truth- as mankind self destructs

Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Dissent » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:05 pm

why does go up for his death? hmmm?
"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

TEF
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by TEF » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:55 pm

brimofinsanity wrote:so does it even matter that this guy died? did he really even have any power? what does everyone thinnk about this.....
It doesnt matter that this guy died, he didnt have any power anymore, hes been paralyzed for quite sometime. I think that he is a selfish pig that allows America to use his so-called "Islamic State" to launch our governments wars to appease their own selfish interests. Its not like Abdullah is going to be any more humane, the whole Saudi regime needs to be taken out of power. Fahed also laid down to every Israeli command, he wont be missed by me. :D

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:56 am

Get this the day of his death I saw on the Japanese news that Unacol denied a Chinese company's bid which was one billion dollars higher than the bid by Chevron (condi Rice's company) Chevron won out and it is now all one super corporation. THAT is why prices went up even more.

On the side Japan won a 1 billion dollar contract (the legal way) to build a energy plant in Saudi Arabia.

61 dollars a barrel is bad but don't over look natural gas prices they are over ther roof.

My posts are short because I have to convert from Japanese hiragana/katakana so sorry if this does not make sense. I need a US key board ASAP.

ps mediasycho nice new avatar.

Fat Pat
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by Fat Pat » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:51 pm

brimofinsanity wrote:so does it even matter that this guy died? did he really even have any power? what does everyone thinnk about this.....
Anymore than any other king of Saudi Arabia would have? No, not really. But he WAS the king of Saudi Arabia, meaning he was one powerful motherfucker especially since one day he could be negotiating with Islamic extremists and the next day or even a couple of minutes later be on the phone with a high-level member of the U.S. State Department.

The guy approved thousands of U.S. soldiers to be stationed in Saudi Arabia in the 90's despite tons of muslim backlash, owned many Arab media outlets, mosques, publishing-centers, universities, and research centers, and was one of the main financial organizers of Arab Muslims fighting the USSR in proxy wars during the 70's. I'd say he was pretty powerful. But it's not like his replacement will be any less powerful.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl? ... 02/1438216
Render unto Cesar that which he has rendered unto you - hardship, imprisonment, torture, and eventual death. Fuck Cesar. Let him be hanged.