Nagasaki the forgotten bomb

Current events, politics, and more.
Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Re: Nagasaki the forgotten bomb

Post by Bender » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:13 am

heckflosse230 wrote:>Let me ask you this straight. Since you've "read a lot about japan" and your friends
>didn't enjoy their stay there does that mean japan deserved to be bombed the way it
>had been bombed?

Yes, I've read a lot about Japan and know people who live there or who lived there and I don't understand your reasoning when you insinuate I believe Japan deserved to be bombed the way it did.

Did you read the first line in my post?

I hope to live long enough to see justice for the crimes committed in Japan by the Americans.
Because that's what this topic was about. Not about how much you love or hate japan.
Justice.
Check your slides

heckflosse230
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by heckflosse230 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 am

So four waste of time posts because of a wooden headed interpretation?

Key line in my post:

"Pretty much spot on except for two sideline issues:"

Anyways, topic closed.

Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Post by Bender » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:41 pm

heckflosse230 wrote:So four waste of time posts because of a wooden headed interpretation?

Key line in my post:

"Pretty much spot on except for two sideline issues:"

Anyways, topic closed.
You started it.
Now it's closed.
Check your slides

Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Dissent » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:32 am

bump
"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:43 am

bump
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Herstory
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by Herstory » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 am

Rather than selling guns, they produced goods sold all over the world.
:clap:
End the God Damn Wars!

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:02 pm

similar situation to South Korea.
true

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 am

Though I've never been to Japan I've read a lot and know many people who have lived there or who continue to live there. While there are some of the positives you mention, you are clearly afflicated by Japanophilia. Perhaps you're a westerner in love with Japan who is in search of adventure, but the people I know who live there would call you a typical institutionalized Japanese. And I'm not talking about people who went there for a couple of years to teach English or "serve" at the invader's base in Okinawa.

Perhaps I should get some of these friends to join the fray here and enlighten people as to what life is like in Japan, even for upper middle class and property owning westerners. One friend was even a very popular music star. They enjoy some of the positive aspects of Japan that you hyperbolize but clearly Japan, the Japanese and their culture have some serious issues that vastly overshadow the positives.
LOL at your stupidity and arrogance. You could stop with "though I've never been to Japan" I love your wild speculations as well the assumptions based on nothing but your own prejudice and hear say. It hardly takes a "japanophile to say dropping a nuclear bomb on Nagasaki was wrong and immoral, it only takes a human. And Bitch you clearly don't know shit about the war between Russia and Japan or why the Russians lost it. You're such a prick you actually said yo'd like to "enlighten" people about a place you've never been to, because you got a friend who was a music star. :lol:

And I live here mother fucker. I'm teaching college. And I have a family here. I know Japan and Japanese people history and culture far more than your armchair arrogant ass.

Axe Kick
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Axe Kick » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 pm

These are the things that people have to know. I'm sick of the black and white version of WWII that people are taught in public schools. The allies committed lots of war-crimes and they went unpunished because it is the victors who serve the justice and it is the victors who write the mainstream history.

I'd go even further and say the US (and Britain and France) had no business being in the war and FDR was goading the Japanese into attacking the US.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:32 am

updated