Iran 2009 Election Coverage Thread

Current events, politics, and more.
Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Re: Iran 2009 Election Coverage Thread

Post by Ry » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 am

I saw Ann Curry do a horrible hit piece on Iran on NBC News.
Anyone else see it? They must have gone over the women covering faces shit 1000 times.

US ally Saudi Arabia does that by law. In Iran it is NOT the law, it's just religion. People want to cover up because that is what they believe. It's part of the culture the same reason a women covers her breasts in the US. Only actually that's a law. Even if it was not a law most people would still cover'em up. It's just part of the culture.

One could go to select portions of the US (the bible belt) and do an equally crazy depiction by interviewing Christians who let snakes bite them etc. show stats on all the blacks in prison, film ghettos and the ablations, and talk to J-walkers (idiots that appeared on J. Leno's show for being such idiots.) show police beatings, bars on school windows, and LA gangs etc.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 am

Two conservative candidates in Irans presidential election have made a last push for votes in a televised debate.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv6WXDK9n9E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv6WXDK9n9E&hl ... 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Chow Chee Bai Superbitch
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Post by Chow Chee Bai Superbitch » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 am

Do we all agree that Ahmadinejad now has become a liability when it comes to dealing with Israel and AIPAC? At the recent AIPAC convention, most Israelis were hoping Ahmadinejad gets re-elected so that they could continue their pressure on Iran in hopes of invading it. They called him "the gift that keeps on giving" according to Mondoweiss.

Ed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Ed » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 am

Chow Chee Bai Superbitch wrote:Do we all agree that Ahmadinejad now has become a liability when it comes to dealing with Israel and AIPAC? At the recent AIPAC convention, most Israelis were hoping Ahmadinejad gets re-elected so that they could continue their pressure on Iran in hopes of invading it. They called him "the gift that keeps on giving" according to Mondoweiss.
Yeah I do think he is a liability. HE can say things which can easily be turned round to favour the hardline zionists stance in Israel. However, I don't know anything about the other candidates that could be elected, couldn't they be worse?

The documentary Inside Iran did well to show the other side of Iran. i'm sure it's a good counter-balance to that hit-piece.
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 9152225169

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.co.uk/googleplayer. ... en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>
our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 pm

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVL50UiRdkc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVL50UiRdkc&hl ... 2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Xed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Xed » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:21 pm

i think mousavi will win
When false religion is established, when all avenues of protest are closed, when potential revolutionaries are bribed, coopted or killed, then Hussein's model teaches man to be a martyr, and by his death witness to the truth and shake the evil empire:

"It is an invitation to all ages and generations that if you cannot kill, die".

- Ali Shariati

Xed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Xed » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:25 pm

iran seem very divided this time round :S
When false religion is established, when all avenues of protest are closed, when potential revolutionaries are bribed, coopted or killed, then Hussein's model teaches man to be a martyr, and by his death witness to the truth and shake the evil empire:

"It is an invitation to all ages and generations that if you cannot kill, die".

- Ali Shariati

GamerS
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by GamerS » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:29 am

Tim, I'm no expert, but in Iran, Islamic law is Islamic law, and a change in presidents is not going to change that. But a change in presidents can change some of the rhetoric which has proved troublesome for Iran. And we have to remember that the young population is eager for change. Even the past monarch of that country caved to the population in the formation of the majlis, which was formed after our house of representatives. It is no democracy, but at least they have some representation on domestic affairs, and at least they don't have zionists running their country, which I think we all can appreciate. I don't know about you guys, but I do not feel "free" here in the US.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:56 am

this wearing green crap reminds me of the obama brand.

he ain't going to change jack in Iran. the main "change" is dress code for women. And guess what? It's already not a law. It's just a social more because of the religious beliefs there.
Get The Empire Unmasked here