BNP won 2 seats in the European Parliament?

Current events, politics, and more.
exquisite
Over the system
Over the system

Re: BNP won 2 seats in the European Parliament?

Post by exquisite » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:17 am

voter turn out for EU elections here was less then 40%

the fact that they won 2 seats is hardly surprising, many people are sick of the mainstream parties because of the expenses scandels so they decided not to vote for anyone, but the bigots / or the poor unemployed did vote for the BNP so thats why they've won 2 seats.

Support for the BNP has not 'radically' increased', its only marginally increased. there was an anti-BNP protest yesterday in sheffield

~~~

The media is so powerful and brits are so easy to manipulate, the wars in iraq/afghanistan, support for israel and completely screwing up our national health service, schools, Police service are infinately more important issues but because the media have not made a fuss about them the public has not. The media has been having a field day with the expenses scandel (something i honestly couldn't give a shit about) and the public just went nuts.

A lot of politicians have had to resign because of the expenses scandel, i fear that the expenses scandel was only exposed to get rid of some of our politicians and take on people who are even worse. Claiming more then you can happens all the time, even in local governments, and it makes no sense why the media would expose it now, where have they been all that time?

~~~

There was a anti-BNP campaign (called 'Hope Not Hate') which told people to only vote for mainstream parties in order to stop the BNP from gaining a seat, me and my family voted for Lib Dems, from the 3 mainstream parties Lib Dems are the least corrupt.

~~~

Winning a seat in the EU parliament means that the BNP have access to european funds. Each member is also given a £80,000 salery (the average household in england has £28,000 salery). Plus members would be given about £200 just for attending, £200,000 towards offices and stuff along with other goodies.
Last edited by exquisite on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Ed » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 am

actually I wasn't that surprised that they won some seats. Sure it might seem pretty weird but they only got 8% and 10% in those two regions. The turnout for this election was pretty pathetic. A lot of previous Labour voters probably didn't vote in protest or becasue they were disillusioned with all the parties. After the expenses scandals people are fed up with all the parties. Also some people voted BNP simply to say "fuck you" to all the other parties which i think is pretty dumb but that's people for you. I think the BNP actually got less votes than the last election but their percentage was higher this time becasue of low turnout therefore they got seats.

UKIP came second in the popular vote though putting Labour in third place. UKIP is the non-racist anti-EU party.
our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Ed
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Ed » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:28 am

exquisite wrote:The media is so powerful and brits are so easy to manipulate, the wars in iraq/afghanistan, support for israel and completely screwing up our national health service, schools, Police service are infinately more important issues but because the media have not made a fuss about them the public has not. The media has been having a field day with the expenses scandel (something i honestly couldn't give a shit about) and the public just want nuts.
(sigh)... exquisite that's so true and it makes me feel sad inside..

I think people are right to be angry about the expenses thing. I understand there are plenty of other bad and even worse thigns happening but two wrongs don't make a right. any accountability our polticians get is a good thing.
our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

k
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by k » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:20 pm

It's a reaction to the failed policies of the mainstream parties.

Irie Dave
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Irie Dave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:43 am

What are 'BNP's policies?
"A higher level of cannabinoid activity in the human biochemical distribution in the biosphere may be necessary to prevent human extinction" - Dr. Robert Melamede, PhD

exquisite
Over the system
Over the system

Post by exquisite » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:23 am

I think people are right to be angry about the expenses thing. I understand there are plenty of other bad and even worse thigns happening but two wrongs don't make a right. any accountability our polticians get is a good thing.

i've worked for the local government and i've seen how they waste obscene amount of the tax payers money on pointless crap, and that is when the spending is technically legitamate lol.

I used to work in the cheif executives building which was so over staffed i did about 10-30 mins of work each day, and many days i did literally nothing, and that was on a 37 hour a week shift, and guess what? they were still taking on more staff on :lol:

So when it comes to claiming more then you can, well taking into account how much money the government wastes (wars and useless expensive consultants which makes things worse) the expenses scandel is just a a drop in the ocean compared to the magnitude of problems our government creates. Its a problem that should have been dealt privately IMO.

I've ignored most of the coverage of the expenses scandel (the media seems to speak about little else).
What are 'BNP's policies?
the BNP does not like non-white immigrants and wants them out. they claim they would enforce this voluntary. According to the lady who runs the anti-BNP campaign in my town; they want to shut down mosques in the UK. The party is well known for its homophobic and holocaust denying views. Some of the members have praised hitler. they don't like disabled people either and want to cut various funding for them. they would ban non-whites from taking part in politics if in power. They would ban mixed race marriages. I can't remember the rest.

Irie Dave
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Irie Dave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

Pretty bad besides the 'Holocaust denial' part
"A higher level of cannabinoid activity in the human biochemical distribution in the biosphere may be necessary to prevent human extinction" - Dr. Robert Melamede, PhD

exquisite
Over the system
Over the system

Post by exquisite » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 am

well they deny the holocaust because they are pro-hitler not because they care about freedom of speach / the truth / or are disgusted with the holocaust industry.

They're also the only party that are pro-gun. Not a bad idea (but here in england suggesting that we should be allowed private gun ownership is too heretical, people here tend to believe that only violent thugs want guns :roll: ). And if the BNP were in power I reckon they would only let whites own guns.

The BNP are just fringe lunatics, they've cleaned up their image over the years and now present them selves as a benign party who care about the white working class and wants to stop the immigrants from getting all the benefits (welfare/jobs/council houses/ etc). Which is all BS coz minorities are def not favoured in any area here in england. They've got most of the votes where i live (Yorkshire), hardly surprising coz there are no bloody jobs round here. There are some low pay low status jobs but competition is fierce. They voted them for economic reasons, or to say "fuck you" to labour, not because they are cunts, coz most people round here are decent.

Bender
Over the system
Over the system

Post by Bender » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 am

Tim wrote:Nationalism always rises during economic hard times.
You're spot on.

Other then that, a low turnout overall (not just in england) skewed everything.
Check your slides

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:24 am

wait like the rest of the parliament is not fascist? When was the last year the UK wasn't imperialist bastards.

the problem they have isn't with killing and theft, the only problem they have is with racism. That's why its sad. race hate is worse than mass murder.

Thank you "education" blame shift.
Get The Empire Unmasked here