What would it take for the Republican Party to crumble?

Current events, politics, and more.

Is there room for a third party to compete in US politics?

Yes. With a good candidate, a reasonable budget, and the means to break through a media blackout, a third party candidate can win elections, even POTUS.
38%
Yes. The neocons will be the downfall of the Republican Party, or the Democrats, whichever self-destructs first. Eventually the opportunity will be there for the Greens, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, or some other party to step in.
13%
No. The best we can hope for is candidates like Ron Paul to change the status quo from within.
38%
Two parties? There is only one party in the US: the Republicrats.
No votes
Time is up. This was our last chance. Next stop: Armegeddon, martial law... it's all coming to an end like the good book says.
No votes
It doesn't matter because in 2012 the aliens are coming back to make utopia for us.
No votes
It all depends on you. Everything you experience is a hallucination you've created to teach yourself exactly what you need to learn.
13%

Total votes: 8

Eric
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

What would it take for the Republican Party to crumble?

Post by Eric » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:45 am

As Ron Paul has said, the Republican Party is losing its base (thanks to neoconservatism). At what point does the opportunity present itself for a third party to step in and take over for the Republican Party as the counterpart to the Democratic Party (or vice-versa) in our two-party system?

Is this even possible? Or, have we reached a point in US politics where we are stuck with the two parties we've got and we just need people like Ron Paul to speak truth to power, presenting real solutions and good ideas, in order to shift the party platform away from bad policy?

Eric
Anti-Neocon novice
Anti-Neocon novice

Post by Eric » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:49 am

My vote has been cast. I say RP has the right idea. Change the party form within. Don't just sit on the outside lookin' in, bitchin' about what's wrong.

Phys
Anti-Zionist princess

Post by Phys » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:33 pm

It doesn't matter because in 2012 the aliens are coming back to make utopia for us.

LOL... this should be a new thread. :lol:

GrayBlood
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.
End the occupationS. Yes, all of them.

Post by GrayBlood » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:51 am

Call me Pollyanna-ish but I picked the first one.