Current events, politics, and more.
Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Santa Vs Jesus....winner Santa.

Post by Ry » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:05 am

Santa verses Jesus. ….Winner Santa.
DIGG THIS!

1 Well first of all, no wars have been fought in the name of Santa. In fact, in WWI there was an unofficial truce, a moment of peace time occurred in the Xmas 1914 where troops exchanged presents. British and German troops even played a few matches of soccer together before returning to the trenches. This is true, please see the link. People started singing Christmas songs I think the Germans first and the British answered with the same songs. Slowly a few people on each side stood up with no weapons and then many others followed. Nobody really wanted to be fighting.... Face it without Santa, the holiday just wouldn't have the impact that it has. Just think of Xmas morning verse going to an xmas mass, case closed.

2 Which mythology is healthier?: the man demanding worship and obedience whose has multitudes of sects arguing about the volumes of what they think he may have said or the cookie loving guy that lives with elves whose entire moral philosophy has been summed up in two words, “be nice.”

3 The Santa Vs Jesus proves that it is much more fun to give than to just talk about it. Everyone enjoys the Santa mythology more than the Jesus myth. (Including most Christians thought they won’t admit that). It’s far better to thank and love your living family than a man who died to protect you from his father (also himself, so long as you believe in his masochistic tantrum).

4 A tree is a lot happier than a cross: a device of torture.
5 And a jolly fat man with toys is a lot more appealing than a skinny dead dude on a stick.
6 A wreath is much merrier than a bloody crown of thorns.
7 Christmas cookies taste a lot better than holy wafers pretending to be pieces of somebody’s body.
8 But I will say in general wine wins over eggnog, so I’ll give one point for Jesus there.
9 Believing in Santa is happy, believing in Jesus is an escape from punishment and laced with constant guilt and worry.
10 Discovering Santa is not real is a bummer, learning Jesus was not real either is a relief.
So chalk one up for the Pagans. This morphed Norse god of Woden and a Coca-Cola commercial icon hybrid wins over the masochistic Jewish zombie man and advocate of magic cannibalism every time. Santa's movies are better too. However Jesus Christ super star is pretty funny and does make a good drinking game.

I have to agree with Joseph Cambell on this one. There are healthy and unhealthy mythologies. And Christianity/Judaism is a complete reverse archetype of nearly all of the other world religions. Being born stained, with sin and seeing all earthly pleasures as sinful starts with self hate and shame from the beginning and the only way to relieve yourself from that is through total obedience to an insane egomaniac. I kind of like the guy with the reindeer and the red coat better. Despite is stalker like powers and total disregard for trespassing; Santa is far more friendly and lovable than Mr. Walking dead man.

Merry Christmas every one.
Birth of a solar deity and ritual of a market friendly Pagan god we already gave Wednesday. What a strange world we live in so absent of basic history.

Image or Image

or maybe a mix? Image

Nah I'll stick with Chris Kringle..

Image...nothing in this pipe but "Christmas Cheer."

Ryan Dawson
Digg this
Last edited by Ry on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Dissent » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 am

My roommate was in the holiday spirit so he drew this last night, no offense. :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/h ... 72127a.jpg

Edit:
I dont want ruin Ry's blog so just click the link.
"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:20 am

thank you for censoring that. :)

NOTALOWBROW
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by NOTALOWBROW » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:25 am

Nice Ry! =) I love ol' Saint Nick.
Winter Solstice doesn't belong to Christians....it is deeply human to celebrate the seasonal changes. I celebrate every solstice and equinox -- just like a pagan would. I'd never call myself a pagan...but in a way I am, at least 4 days a year anyhow. =)

Merry Winter Solstice everyone...

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:41 am

Merry Christians and Pagans finally have something in common for one day a year they both piss off the Jews.

Liszt
King Cnut

Post by Liszt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:01 am

didn't Santa use to wear green clothes? Then pepsi decided to brand him red. might be true.

Ian
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Ian » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:41 pm

T wrote:merry pagan turned christian holiday supported by hyperconsumerism day!!!
:lol!:

I actually sprayed coffee thru my nose with that one, T.

As for the article, I quit reading after the first paragraph :) Skimmed it, though, and noticed JC gets a point for wine! Woot-woooot!
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
Sir Winston Churchill

"Fine, let’s take a vote. Who wants fish for dinner?...Yeah, democracy ain’t so fun when it fucks you, huh?” http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:45 pm

didn't Santa use to wear green clothes? Then pepsi decided to brand him red. might be true.
No he never had a uniform. But it was Coke that gave him the Red and White. Pepsi didn't even exist yet.

NOTALOWBROW
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by NOTALOWBROW » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:37 pm

I thought it was Twas the Night Before Christmas (circa 1820) that gave Santa the red costume.

Santa is way cool. Its easy to see why they overmarket him (and Xmas). Its not the big corps that make Santa popular - they're banking on his popularity (and he was very popular in the 19th century as well).
The non-religious lore and symbols of Xmas are my favorite.

I love December. It means SNOW to me (always something to celebrate where I am from); and sledding, snowboarding, a big fire in the fireplace, sharing warm meals with friends, ice skating, the lights, and beautiful hand knit scarves and hats...the onset of Winter is "the most wonderful time of the year."
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside =) It brings back great childhood memories. It's the best....

OK I love Christmas I admit - I celebrate all month and it peaks on New Years Eve..but I don't consume - I don't shop. I cook and make things and sing and have lots of parties lol. It is sooo fun =) and I never get stressed either. That would make it very unfun and I do not do unfun. LOL

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:39 pm

I thought it was Twas the Night Before Christmas (circa 1820) that gave Santa the red costume.
Nope that just gave a discription of his face.

You guys need to read my hidden history of Xmas. Its in the Hidden history section with like 6 thousand views.

viewtopic.php?t=4528 the history of xmas and santa