A military draft

Current events, politics, and more.
sangre_de_soldado
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

A military draft

Post by sangre_de_soldado » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:39 pm

You guys we all know it's inevitable unless of course Ron Paul gets voted, and with idiocy running rampant always bear in mind that the warmongers still have a good chance. So my question is what should you do if you are called? I just want to know the general opinion, whether it's resisting and going to jail or actually going and not following orders so you get discharged.

NOTALOWBROW
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by NOTALOWBROW » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:00 am

It just might take something like the draft to stir the sheeple awake. This would be a stupid move for the neocons, but they may be forced to do it. All hell will break loose if they do. As if young people are going to march off to war for these assholes - and young women would be forced to go as well - there is NO WAY that'll happen. Some would certainly go along with it - but those who wouldn't go or have parents who are already against the war would be rioting in the streets. This is the straw that would break the camel's back imo.

This really pisses me off. Arrrgghhhh I hate what these horrible warmongers are doing. :x :x :x

My husband, who has been telling me I'm overreacting is now talking about stopping payments on our 5 properties and getting the heck out of dodge before there's an attempted mass exodus. If we don't leave soon, it might not be possible in another 12/18 months. We need a backup plan thats for sure. All of our money is tied up in real estate so we aren't able to save but we could save tons if we deafualted on the loans. This is totally a last resort Plan but things might get really ugly and SOON - so it's good to be prepared just in case. :?

I hate real estate BTW - what a racket.

GamerS
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by GamerS » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:48 am

I wouldn't go. Simple as that. I'd rather be in jail than at war, it's safer. Plus I can't imagine expecting an Iranian to go to war against the middle east. Can you imagine what would happen if I were captured?

sangre_de_soldado
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by sangre_de_soldado » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:44 pm

If they did do it imagine how many Muslims, anti-war activists, Arabs, Iraqis, etc. would be included...do you guys remember the Muslim soldiers in the U.S army who committed mutiny against the Army because they were deployed in Iraq and didn't want to go?

Int'l man of mystery
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Int'l man of mystery » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:06 am

sangre_de_soldado wrote:If they did do it imagine how many Muslims, anti-war activists, Arabs, Iraqis, etc. would be included...do you guys remember the Muslim soldiers in the U.S army who committed mutiny against the Army because they were deployed in Iraq and didn't want to go?
I think, if they reinstitute the draft, they wouldn't do so, unless they had officially declared martial law. At that point, everyone in the US would then be divided into 4 groups:

1) Foot soldiers

2) Work slaves

3) Prisoners

4) Outlaws

Ian
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Ian » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Intl man of mystery wrote:
sangre_de_soldado wrote:If they did do it imagine how many Muslims, anti-war activists, Arabs, Iraqis, etc. would be included...do you guys remember the Muslim soldiers in the U.S army who committed mutiny against the Army because they were deployed in Iraq and didn't want to go?
I think, if they reinstitute the draft, they wouldn't do so, unless they had officially declared martial law. At that point, everyone in the US would then be divided into 4 groups:

1) Foot soldiers

2) Work slaves

3) Prisoners

4) Outlaws
Sign me up under number 4 :) If I haven't already left the country by then. Grace(as usual) makes a good point about this being the straw that would break the camel's back. I actually wish this would have happened years ago, and then maybe we'd have some "real" anti-war folks here in America. Also, in response to Intl Man of mystery, numbers 2-4 are pretty much the same thing, with number 4 just being the people that haven't been caught yet, hahaha. Check out this sweet article about the Prison Industrial Complex(Not as bad as MIC, but it's working on that)

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/199812/prisons
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
Sir Winston Churchill

"Fine, let’s take a vote. Who wants fish for dinner?...Yeah, democracy ain’t so fun when it fucks you, huh?” http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays

Int'l man of mystery
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Int'l man of mystery » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:00 pm

ronpaulitician wrote:Sign me up under number 4 :) If I haven't already left the country by then. Grace(as usual) makes a good point about this being the straw that would break the camel's back. I actually wish this would have happened years ago, and then maybe we'd have some "real" anti-war folks here in America. Also, in response to Intl Man of mystery, numbers 2-4 are pretty much the same thing, with number 4 just being the people that haven't been caught yet, hahaha. Check out this sweet article about the Prison Industrial Complex(Not as bad as MIC, but it's working on that)

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/199812/prisons
PIC... that's a monstrosity, that could be far worse for people than the MIC is.

But, in terms of prisoners though, I was thinking in terms of the ones at Gitmo. The slave labor would probably be citizens unwillingly employed to manage the prisoners, and assist the foot soldiers. They then force everyone to comply under the threat of torture and death.

Although, it's hard to imagine how they could pull that off without a massive rebellion and uprising.

NOTALOWBROW
Anti-Neocon Regular
Anti-Neocon Regular

Post by NOTALOWBROW » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:10 pm

why reinstate the draft when they can just pay people to enlist? It would be counterproductive for the war industry at this point. Not that it won't happen. If things continue going so well for the neocons the draft will probably return. But it won't be till after the elections. They're gonna get away with as much as they can when all the sheeple are preoccupied with the campaigns/debates.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:37 pm

I hope we have a draft because that will end the war in one day. The chicken Hawks support the war. If they or their kids have to do then it is over. They are only willing to send other people to go die.
Get The Empire Unmasked here