Anonymous Group

Current events, politics, and more.
PlutoCharon
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Re: Anonymous Group

Post by PlutoCharon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Anon is not just about 4chan. Not anymore at least. 4chan anon's are kids with a lot of free time on their hands spending all day with pointless "you laugh you lose" debates, forcing memes, ending their post numbers in double and triple digits, baiting religious arguments, among a lot of other useless stuff.

Anonymous the hacker group probably isn't operated by the government and probably doesn't have a centralized base of operations. They did recently attack Iranian government websites though, or at least a faction of anon did. Don't have a lot of respect for the group after that, not that I had any to begin with.

When you give up your individuality in favor of being a collective 'hive mind' like anon, you lose yourself and your voice, and essentially are dead to the world. In that regard, I think anonymousness fails and shares a lot of parallels with a dictatorship. People don't think of that for some reason

panax
Speaking out
Speaking out

Post by panax » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:14 pm

I think Anon are legit, as others have stated, and they're intelligent in some respects, but seem pretty off the mark in some of their political beliefs.
They subscribe to the "mainstream alternative position", like a lot of others that are somewhat aware enough that the Government lies, but get caught up in the Zeitgeist, Assange, Loose Change bullshit.

Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Dissent » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Tim wrote:Image
:lol:

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

neoConSlayer
Fights PNAC daily
Fights PNAC daily

Post by neoConSlayer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:30 pm

i dont trust them, they are way too far up julian assanges ass. if they are that smart they would see through his lies in a minute. anyone with half a brain know assange is full of shit and 100% useless. LulzSec (sooooo 4chanish) the "anon-breakoff" that took credit for more recent sony hacks, infragard hacks, PBS and FOX - hacked PBS because of a program they had about wikileaks and assange, and i've seen them interchange on twitter with another account called "stuxnetsource" i think it all SCREAMS gov pysop to force more control over the internet down our throats and to make internet dissent an "act of war, terrorism" Not to mention them hacking irans servers (supposedly) recently.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”. - Ben Franklin

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” - Thomas Jefferson

If 50 million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." -Anatole France

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." -Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1758

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -Galileo

END THE GODDAMN WARS!

Whirled Peas
Smashing neocons
Smashing neocons

Post by Whirled Peas » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 pm

neoConSlayer wrote:i dont trust them, they are way too far up julian assanges ass. if they are that smart they would see through his lies in a minute. anyone with half a brain know assange is full of shit and 100% useless. LulzSec (sooooo 4chanish) the "anon-breakoff" that took credit for more recent sony hacks, infragard hacks, PBS and FOX - hacked PBS because of a program they had about wikileaks and assange, and i've seen them interchange on twitter with another account called "stuxnetsource" i think it all SCREAMS gov pysop to force more control over the internet down our throats and to make internet dissent an "act of war, terrorism" Not to mention them hacking irans servers (supposedly) recently.
AGREE

dicktater
Over the system
Over the system

Post by dicktater » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:38 pm

neoConSlayer wrote:i dont trust them, they are way too far up julian assanges ass.
anonymous gerbils?
●▬▬▬▬▬▬★ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N★▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Colbyor
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Colbyor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 am

wait wait wait i dont follow this shit but did you just say they attacked IRAN???? hahahaha that settles it, they work for the man.

attack israel... or china... for the lulz

edit: why the fuck dont one of these groups hack me a picture of dead, or alive bin laden...

Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

Post by Dissent » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:26 am

Colbyor wrote:wait wait wait i dont follow this shit but did you just say they attacked IRAN???? hahahaha that settles it, they work for the man.

attack israel... or china... for the lulz

edit: why the fuck dont one of these groups hack me a picture of dead, or alive bin laden...
doubt it bro again they're using Anon as the scapegoat.
"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of ... [Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness], it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." –Thomas Jefferson

Dissent
Anti-Neocon Patrol

NATO going after Anonymous

Post by Dissent » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

NATO going after Anonymous

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2386576,00.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Days after the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) named hacker coalition 'Anonymous' as an enemy among the likes of Al Qaeda and North Korea, the hackers issued a warning to the global military alliance. "Do not make the mistake of challenging Anonymous. Do not make the mistake of believing you can behead a headless snake. If you slice off one head of Hydra, ten more heads will grow in its place. If you cut down one Anon, ten more will join us purely out of anger at your trampling of dissent," Anonymous said in a statement.

Last week at the New Strategic Concept conference in Lisbon, NATO's General Rapporteur Lord Jopling added Anonymous to NATO's list of enemies that includes Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and North Korea. In a report, Jopling called for NATO's 28 member nations to mutually defend itself against Anonymous attacks.

"Observers note that Anonymous is becoming more and more sophisticated and could potentially hack into sensitive government, military, and corporate files," he wrote.

He also said Anonymous' days were numbered: Image
"Today, the ad hoc international group of hackers and activists is said to have thousands of operatives and has no set rules or membership. It remains to be seen how much time Anonymous has for pursuing such paths. The longer these attacks persist, the more likely countermeasures will be developed, implemented, the groups will be infiltrated and perpetrators persecuted.

Colbyor
Protesting War
Protesting War

Post by Colbyor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 am

damn trying to put my foot in my mouth haha.. i'll wait to pass judgment on this one... i hope they are for the people...