what is wrong with the UN ?

Current events, politics, and more.
georgesmiley

what is wrong with the UN ?

Post by georgesmiley » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 am

i am looking for info with pro and anti views on the un so if anyone has good links or can make the case for or against on this thread I am all eyes.

thanks

PlutoCharon
Revolutionary Party
Revolutionary Party

Re: what is wrong with the UN ?

Post by PlutoCharon » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Security Console is useless because any one of the five permanent members can veto important resolutions. The Soviet Union did it so many times that their representative was known as "Mr. Veto". Since the 70's the US has used their veto power, almost always on Israel-related resolution. They consider it protecting Israel from isolation attempts. Except by doing this they've allowed Israel to get away with violating international law and war crimes. Many UN resolutions have been directed at Israel and almost none have been enforced. So in that sense the UN is useless. Netanyahu even said that the UN could vote that the world is flat so it's meaningless which literally means they ignore them.

dicktater
Over the system
Over the system

Post by dicktater » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 pm

georgesmiley wrote:i am looking for info with pro and anti views on the un so if anyone has good links or can make the case for or against on this thread I am all eyes.
thanks
Here's something for you. Check out those in the forefront of exposing:

Agenda 21

The UN's Plan for the 21st Century and the eVils Behind Sustainable Development

Michael Shaw
Freedom Advocates
http://www.freedomadvocates.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

America's Choice - Michael Shaw - Overview of Sustainable Development (1 of 5) start here:
Michael Shaw - Liberty! A Life of One's Own. Michael Shaw is one of five experts on environmental science and politics exposing what has been called the greatest weapon of mass destruction of our time. It is the elimination of personal freedom under the banner of sustainable development.
http://www.freedomadvocates.org/video/w ... nt_1_of_5/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
●▬▬▬▬▬▬★ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N★▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Apricot
♥♥♥♥♥

Post by Apricot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:50 pm

What isn't wrong with the UN?
"Be not defeated by the rain" - Kenji Miyazawa

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

"Listen to your heart. Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you'll find your treasure." - Paulo Coelho

georgesmiley

Post by georgesmiley » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm

thanks for the replies

my gut tells me something is wrong (look at the ipcc) but doesnt the un do "humanitarian". that is the argument most used by people i know who support a one world govt- plus they say there would be no wars

im really looking for some facts - is it an effective force for good or is it corrupt - if so examples/links

if no one has any thats ok ill do searches but i just thought id ask here incase

dicktater
Over the system
Over the system

Post by dicktater » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:57 pm

georgesmiley,

There's a bunch of UNshit posted in this recent thread:

http://www.ancreport.com/forum/v ... f=11&t=435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
●▬▬▬▬▬▬★ЯΞ√ΩLUT↑☼N★▬▬▬▬▬▬●
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

It's not just for breakfast any more.

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental
opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a
distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every
change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic
plan of reducing [a people] to slavery."

~~ Thomas Jefferson

"Power kills, absolute power kills absolutely. The more power a government has, the more it can arbitrarily make war on others and murder foreign and domestic subjects. The more that government is constrained and diffused, the less tendency there is for them to commit genocide."
~~ Art Crino

When they put you in the internment camp, if you're really, really good, they might let you watch Dancing With The Stars.

Ry
Super Anti-Neocon
Super Anti-Neocon

Post by Ry » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:41 pm

From the KOrean War to now the UN has done nothing but wrong.
Get The Empire Unmasked here

exquisite
Over the system
Over the system

Post by exquisite » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 am

i've heard a lot of complaints about the UN but it all seems a bit random.

does anyone know how many departments there are in the UN (like unicef)? and in what way are they all 'useless'? has anyone seen a good article/book that breaks down the whole issue?